Failure of IE 7 to detect adobe flash player

dsherman295

Failure of IE 7 to detect adobe flash player
Recently the flash player was updated from v 9 to v 10 on this computer
(running XP Media Center - xp sp 3) and since that time internet explorer 7
fails to recognize the installation and continues to tell me I have to
install it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program and it still
fails to detect the flash Player. On some sites it works but in particular
on the encore movies site it continuously tells me it is not installed
C A Upsdell

Re: Failure of IE 7 to detect adobe flash player
dsherman295 wrote:
> Recently the flash player was updated from v 9 to v 10 on this computer
> (running XP Media Center - xp sp 3) and since that time internet explorer 7
> fails to recognize the installation and continues to tell me I have to
> install it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program and it still
> fails to detect the flash Player. On some sites it works but in particular
> on the encore movies site it continuously tells me it is not installed

Some sites have bad, single-digit Flash version detection, which
identifies Flash 10 as Flash 1. Could this be it?

williamtell

RE: Failure of IE 7 to detect adobe flash player
Suggestion, perhaps a bad install of v10, I have attached the link to adobe
flash uninstall tool web page, after running it reboot then download and
install v10.
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...4157&sliceId=1

Good luck!

--
WT

"dsherman295" wrote:

> Recently the flash player was updated from v 9 to v 10 on this computer
> (running XP Media Center - xp sp 3) and since that time internet explorer 7
> fails to recognize the installation and continues to tell me I have to
> install it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program and it still
> fails to detect the flash Player. On some sites it works but in particular
> on the encore movies site it continuously tells me it is not installed

Donald Anadell

"dsherman295" <dsherman295@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsBC10421-EF26-4010-BE6D-268E4AD55D85@microsoft.com...
> Recently the flash player was updated from v 9 to v 10 on this computer
> (running XP Media Center - xp sp 3) and since that time internet explorer
> 7
> fails to recognize the installation and continues to tell me I have to
> install it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program and it still
> fails to detect the flash Player. On some sites it works but in
> particular
> on the encore movies site it continuously tells me it is not installed

Can you be more specific in regards to a link that can be used to replicate
your problem. I don't know anything about "encore movies", so if you can
supply publicly accessible link to a site that is causing this issue it
would be helpful to those that might want to help you with this.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

Michel Doucet

Re: Failure of IE 7 to detect adobe flash player
Bonjour/soir, le Wed, 22 Oct 2008 16:48:09 -0400, *Donald Anadell* a
caressé son clavier pour nous dire dans le message suivant:

> I don't know anything about "encore movies"

Google is your friend !
http://www.starz.com/channels/encore/

--
Utiliser le butineur, le courrielleur, le lecteur de nouvelles
et l'OS avec lesquels vous vous sentez le plus sécurisé ...
Donald Anadell

"Michel Doucet" <mimi@invalid.com> wrote in message
> Bonjour/soir, le Wed, 22 Oct 2008 16:48:09 -0400, *Donald Anadell* a
> caress son clavier pour nous dire dans le message suivant:
>
>> I don't know anything about "encore movies"

> Google is your friend !
> http://www.starz.com/channels/encore/

Thanks, I saw that link in Google. But it also returns 7,980,000 other hits
with "encore movies" as a search criteria.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> --
> Utiliser le butineur, le courrielleur, le lecteur de nouvelles
> et l'OS avec lesquels vous vous sentez le plus scuris ...

dsherman295

"Donald Anadell" wrote:

> "dsherman295" <dsherman295@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsBC10421-EF26-4010-BE6D-268E4AD55D85@microsoft.com...
> > Recently the flash player was updated from v 9 to v 10 on this computer
> > (running XP Media Center - xp sp 3) and since that time internet explorer
> > 7
> > fails to recognize the installation and continues to tell me I have to
> > install it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program and it still
> > fails to detect the flash Player. On some sites it works but in
> > particular
> > on the encore movies site it continuously tells me it is not installed

> Can you be more specific in regards to a link that can be used to replicate
> your problem. I don't know anything about "encore movies", so if you can
> supply publicly accessible link to a site that is causing this issue it
> would be helpful to those that might want to help you with this.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell
>

> this is the url for the site that continues to indicate flash is not installed

http://www.starz.com/

It's a public site and any one can use it....this problem occurs both in
Firefox and Internet Explorer 7

Thanks

****

dsherman295

RE: Failure of IE 7 to detect adobe flash player
thanks for the advice... I have tried that solution twice...but it seems to
be an isolate problem....the site that continues to tell me flash is not
installed is

http://www.starz.com/

happens with both firefox and IE 7

Thanks for the advice

"C A Upsdell" <""cupsdell"@nospam@upsdel" wrote:

> dsherman295 wrote:
> > Recently the flash player was updated from v 9 to v 10 on this computer
> > (running XP Media Center - xp sp 3) and since that time internet explorer 7
> > fails to recognize the installation and continues to tell me I have to
> > install it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program and it still
> > fails to detect the flash Player. On some sites it works but in particular
> > on the encore movies site it continuously tells me it is not installed

> Some sites have bad, single-digit Flash version detection, which
> identifies Flash 10 as Flash 1. Could this be it?

Hmm that's a possibility...I have written to encore/starz and asked them
about that...I presume if that's the case it would explain why some other
sites don't have that problem....I'm still using ver 9 on my other computer
and flash works fine on that one, even at the http://www.starz.com/ site

thanks for the advice

****

williamtell

Re: Failure of IE 7 to detect adobe flash player
I too get the same result when accessing starz.com, the site is the problem.
--
WT