Automatic Downloading Off Hours

Mark Forshee

Automatic Downloading Off Hours
My internet provider (Hughesnet) has a Fair Access Policy that limits us to
200mb/day, unless the download is between 3am and 6am. We have to download
Quicktime movies from the University of Michigan for school classes, which
shoots the FAP in the foot. Is there anyway to setup Internet Explorer to
go out between those hours and fetch the movies without us getting up at
3am?
Mark Forshee- m.forshee@hughes.net

williamtell

RE: Automatic Downloading Off Hours
Mark, a suggestion, Click Start > Accessories > Systems Tools > Scheduled
Tasks. Set it for the time and day you choose.

Good luck!
--
WT

"Mark Forshee" wrote:

> My internet provider (Hughesnet) has a Fair Access Policy that limits us to
> 200mb/day, unless the download is between 3am and 6am. We have to download
> Quicktime movies from the University of Michigan for school classes, which
> shoots the FAP in the foot. Is there anyway to setup Internet Explorer to
> go out between those hours and fetch the movies without us getting up at
> 3am?
> Mark Forshee- m.forshee@hughes.net

Mark Forshee

Re: Automatic Downloading Off Hours
This looks interesting, however I'm no pro at this. I went into task
scheduler and most all of it I've never seen or worked with before. Could
you describe the basics to log into a University computer, go to a
particular site and bring down the QuickTime file for viewing later? That
would be a good start for me to try it out.

Mark- m.forshee@hughes.net

"williamtell" <williamtell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Mark, a suggestion, Click Start > Accessories > Systems Tools > Scheduled
> Tasks. Set it for the time and day you choose.
>
> Good luck!
> --
> WT
>

> "Mark Forshee" wrote:
>
>> My internet provider (Hughesnet) has a Fair Access Policy that limits us
>> 200mb/day, unless the download is between 3am and 6am. We have to
>> download
>> Quicktime movies from the University of Michigan for school classes,
>> which
>> shoots the FAP in the foot. Is there anyway to setup Internet Explorer
>> go out between those hours and fetch the movies without us getting up at
>> 3am?
>> Mark Forshee- m.forshee@hughes.net

williamtell

Re: Automatic Downloading Off Hours
Mark, one could possibly do all of the above, once to your destination create
and save a shortcut, say to your desktop. Open Scheduled Tasks, double click
Add Scheduled Task, follow the Wizard, use the created shortcut as the target.

Good luck!
--
WT

"Mark Forshee" wrote:

> This looks interesting, however I'm no pro at this. I went into task
> scheduler and most all of it I've never seen or worked with before. Could
> you describe the basics to log into a University computer, go to a
> particular site and bring down the QuickTime file for viewing later? That
> would be a good start for me to try it out.
>
> Mark- m.forshee@hughes.net
>
> "williamtell" <williamtell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Mark, a suggestion, Click Start > Accessories > Systems Tools > Scheduled
> > Tasks. Set it for the time and day you choose.
> >
> > Good luck!
> > --
> > WT
> >

> > "Mark Forshee" wrote:
> >
> >> My internet provider (Hughesnet) has a Fair Access Policy that limits us
> >> 200mb/day, unless the download is between 3am and 6am. We have to
> >> download
> >> Quicktime movies from the University of Michigan for school classes,
> >> which
> >> shoots the FAP in the foot. Is there anyway to setup Internet Explorer
> >> go out between those hours and fetch the movies without us getting up at
> >> 3am?
> >> Mark Forshee- m.forshee@hughes.net

williamtell

Re: Automatic Downloading Off Hours
Mark, once you are in the Wizard, you will move through and reach advanced
settings, this may help your cause, if no joy, perhaps a MVP will assist.
--
WT