IE7 with enhanced security

George Schneider

IE7 with enhanced security
I've been encoutering a problem on all of my Windows 2003 servers with IE7
and enhanced security where I can't install programs stored on our file
server. This only effects IE7 with enhanced security insatlled servers. If
I remove enhanced secuirty the issue goes away. I have to be able to insatll
applications and run scripts from file shares on these servers. If I download
the program form the internet directly its not a problem. I have two
questions
1) Is there any risk asociated with uninstalling enhanced security on ie7,
if so what, if not what is the point of enhanced security ?
2) what is a workaround or resolution to this issue?
Jan Kuipers

Re: IE7 with enhanced security
"George Schneider" wrote:

> I've been encoutering a problem on all of my Windows 2003 servers with IE7
> and enhanced security where I can't install programs stored on our file
> server. This only effects IE7 with enhanced security insatlled servers. If
> I remove enhanced secuirty the issue goes away. I have to be able to insatll
> applications and run scripts from file shares on these servers. If I download
> the program form the internet directly its not a problem. I have two
> questions
> 1) Is there any risk asociated with uninstalling enhanced security on ie7,
> if so what, if not what is the point of enhanced security ?
> 2) what is a workaround or resolution to this issue?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815141/en-us

Jan Kuipers

George Schneider

Re: IE7 with enhanced security
How can I allow exe, bat, etc to run then?