Internet Explorer not displaying some sites

JC

Internet Explorer not displaying some sites
This issue is quite puzzling regarding IE7 on WINXP.
There are a few sites that just won't display on IE7. I get a 'Internet
Explorer cannot display the webpage' message. When I try the same sites on
Firefox or Chrome on the same machine, it comes up OK.
I have tried these websites on other machines on the network, and they all
display the sites in IE7 no problems.
It seems to me that the specific machine is not able to resolve the site in
IE&. I have checked that the tracert can resolve the site and it does OK.
I have tried flushing the DNS cache, but still no joy. It seems that this
weird behaviour is specific to one machine.
Can anyone give me some insight as to where I should look next.
Cheers
nass

RE: Internet Explorer not displaying some sites

"JC" wrote:

> This issue is quite puzzling regarding IE7 on WINXP.
> There are a few sites that just won't display on IE7. I get a 'Internet
> Explorer cannot display the webpage' message. When I try the same sites on
> Firefox or Chrome on the same machine, it comes up OK.
> I have tried these websites on other machines on the network, and they all
> display the sites in IE7 no problems.
> It seems to me that the specific machine is not able to resolve the site in
> IE&. I have checked that the tracert can resolve the site and it does OK.
> I have tried flushing the DNS cache, but still no joy. It seems that this
> weird behaviour is specific to one machine.
> Can anyone give me some insight as to where I should look next.
> Cheers

You receive an error message in Internet Explorer 7: "Internet Explorer
cannot display the webpage"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926431
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945385
How to troubleshoot network connectivity problems in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936211
Make sure the Cookies not been blocked and try to assign the site as trusted
site under Privacy Tab.
or this command:
sfc /scannow

HTH,
nass
---
http://www.nasstec.co.uk

Colin

"JC" wrote:

> This issue is quite puzzling regarding IE7 on WINXP.
> There are a few sites that just won't display on IE7. I get a 'Internet
> Explorer cannot display the webpage' message. When I try the same sites on
> Firefox or Chrome on the same machine, it comes up OK.
> I have tried these websites on other machines on the network, and they all
> display the sites in IE7 no problems.
> It seems to me that the specific machine is not able to resolve the site in
> IE&. I have checked that the tracert can resolve the site and it does OK.
> I have tried flushing the DNS cache, but still no joy. It seems that this
> weird behaviour is specific to one machine.
> Can anyone give me some insight as to where I should look next.
> Cheers

I have had similar problems. It turned out that the sites I was trying to
access were using the security protocol "HTTPS". I simply typed in the full
web address,using "https" instead of "http" i.e.: https://www.address.com.
and that sorted it out.

If you find out how to set IE7 to do this automatically, please let me know.

Hope this helps.

Colin

Re: Internet Explorer not displaying some sites
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3) when posting to
this newsgroup, please.

What sites?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/