IE 7 Crash when Downloading Adobe Reader 9

MKUser

IE 7 Crash when Downloading Adobe Reader 9
I run IE 7 on XP Sp3. IE 7 crashes when I try to upgrade my Adobe Reader 8 to
version 9. Any suggestions?

rob^_^

Re: IE 7 Crash when Downloading Adobe Reader 9
HI MK,

Try this site to test and upgrade your Reader -
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome

Regards.

"MKUser" <MKUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsCA9608B-7781-48EA-A085-2DABC62279AB@microsoft.com...
> I run IE 7 on XP Sp3. IE 7 crashes when I try to upgrade my Adobe Reader 8
> version 9. Any suggestions?

Donald Anadell

Re: IE 7 Crash when Downloading Adobe Reader 9

"MKUser" <MKUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsCA9608B-7781-48EA-A085-2DABC62279AB@microsoft.com...
>I run IE 7 on XP Sp3. IE 7 crashes when I try to upgrade my Adobe Reader 8
> version 9.

>Any suggestions?

If the online installation is failing you, download the setup file to your
desktop and run it from there:

Direct Download from Adobe Reader 9 setup file:
http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adob...dr90_en_US.exe

Alternative Download location for Adobe Reader 9 setup file:
http://www.filehippo.com/download_adobe_reader/

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

Paula

Re: IE 7 Crash when Downloading Adobe Reader 9
This is also happening to me. I have already un-installed and re-installed
by downloading AR 9 and manually installing it, that doesn't help. IE
doesn't crash, but Adobe Reader crashes. I can open AR9 fine from my desktop
with no problems whatsoever. The two programs together are NOT compatible.

"Donald Anadell" wrote:

> "MKUser" <MKUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsCA9608B-7781-48EA-A085-2DABC62279AB@microsoft.com...
> >I run IE 7 on XP Sp3. IE 7 crashes when I try to upgrade my Adobe Reader 8
> > version 9.

> >Any suggestions?

> If the online installation is failing you, download the setup file to your
> desktop and run it from there:
>
> Direct Download from Adobe Reader 9 setup file:
> http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adob...dr90_en_US.exe
>
> Alternative Download location for Adobe Reader 9 setup file:
> http://www.filehippo.com/download_adobe_reader/
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell

Donald Anadell

"Paula" <Paula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is also happening to me. I have already un-installed and
> re-installed
> by downloading AR 9 and manually installing it, that doesn't help. IE
> doesn't crash, but Adobe Reader crashes. I can open AR9 fine from my
> desktop
> with no problems whatsoever.

>The two programs together are NOT compatible.

I have no compatibility issues here with Windows XP SP3/IE7 and Adobe Reader
9 on the 5 machines I maintain. I don't know exactly what your problem with
getting Adobe Reader 9 installed properly stems from, you might check some
of the following resources for additional help:

Adobe Reader Forum:
http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.ee6b2e6/

Adobe Reader Main Support page:
http://www.adobe.com/support/reader/

Troubleshooting Adobe Reader Download and Installation Problems (9.0 on
Windows):
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...3595&sliceId=1

Open a "Web Case" with Adobe for technical support with installation
problems:
http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> "Donald Anadell" wrote:
>

>> "MKUser" <MKUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> newsCA9608B-7781-48EA-A085-2DABC62279AB@microsoft.com...
>> >I run IE 7 on XP Sp3. IE 7 crashes when I try to upgrade my Adobe Reader
>> >8
>> > version 9.

>> >Any suggestions?

>> If the online installation is failing you, download the setup file to
>> your
>> desktop and run it from there:
>>
>> Direct Download from Adobe Reader 9 setup file:
>> http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adob...dr90_en_US.exe
>>
>> Alternative Download location for Adobe Reader 9 setup file:
>> http://www.filehippo.com/download_adobe_reader/
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell

Paula

Re: IE 7 Crash when Downloading Adobe Reader 9
Thanks much, Donald-I will try those links. I am also using IE 7 and SP 3.
I had no problem using earlier versions of Adobe Reader. After I posted
this, I have tried using Safari and Firefox to open PDF's and those browsers
crash as well, so the problem *is* with my upgraded version of Adobe Reader
and not IE.

Paula

"Donald Anadell" wrote:

> "Paula" <Paula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > This is also happening to me. I have already un-installed and
> > re-installed
> > by downloading AR 9 and manually installing it, that doesn't help. IE
> > doesn't crash, but Adobe Reader crashes. I can open AR9 fine from my
> > desktop
> > with no problems whatsoever.

> >The two programs together are NOT compatible.

> I have no compatibility issues here with Windows XP SP3/IE7 and Adobe Reader
> 9 on the 5 machines I maintain. I don't know exactly what your problem with
> getting Adobe Reader 9 installed properly stems from, you might check some
> of the following resources for additional help:
>
> Adobe Reader Forum:
> http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.ee6b2e6/
>
> Adobe Reader Main Support page:
> http://www.adobe.com/support/reader/
>
> Troubleshooting Adobe Reader Download and Installation Problems (9.0 on
> Windows):
> http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...3595&sliceId=1
>
> Open a "Web Case" with Adobe for technical support with installation
> problems:
> http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell
>

> > "Donald Anadell" wrote:
> >

> >> "MKUser" <MKUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> newsCA9608B-7781-48EA-A085-2DABC62279AB@microsoft.com...

> >> If the online installation is failing you, download the setup file to
> >> your
> >> desktop and run it from there:
> >>
> >> Direct Download from Adobe Reader 9 setup file:
> >> http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adob...dr90_en_US.exe
> >>
> >> Alternative Download location for Adobe Reader 9 setup file:
> >> http://www.filehippo.com/download_adobe_reader/
> >>
> >> Good luck,
> >>
> >> Donald Anadell

Paula

Re: IE 7 Crash when Downloading Adobe Reader 9
One final note- I downloaded Adobe Reader 8.1.3 last night and manually
installed it. Everything is working fine, I have no crash issues with any
browser.

Paula

"Paula" wrote:

> Thanks much, Donald-I will try those links. I am also using IE 7 and SP 3.
> I had no problem using earlier versions of Adobe Reader. After I posted
> this, I have tried using Safari and Firefox to open PDF's and those browsers
> crash as well, so the problem *is* with my upgraded version of Adobe Reader
> and not IE.
>

> Paula
>

> "Donald Anadell" wrote:
>

> > "Paula" <Paula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > This is also happening to me. I have already un-installed and
> > > re-installed
> > > by downloading AR 9 and manually installing it, that doesn't help. IE
> > > doesn't crash, but Adobe Reader crashes. I can open AR9 fine from my
> > > desktop
> > > with no problems whatsoever.

> > >The two programs together are NOT compatible.

> > I have no compatibility issues here with Windows XP SP3/IE7 and Adobe Reader
> > 9 on the 5 machines I maintain. I don't know exactly what your problem with
> > getting Adobe Reader 9 installed properly stems from, you might check some
> > of the following resources for additional help:
> >
> > Adobe Reader Forum:
> > http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.ee6b2e6/
> >
> > Adobe Reader Main Support page:
> > http://www.adobe.com/support/reader/
> >
> > Troubleshooting Adobe Reader Download and Installation Problems (9.0 on
> > Windows):
> > http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...3595&sliceId=1
> >
> > Open a "Web Case" with Adobe for technical support with installation
> > problems:
> > http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/
> >
> > Good luck,
> >
> > Donald Anadell

LIor

Re: IE 7 Crash when Downloading Adobe Reader 9
Hey guys,
I'm having the same problem...wondering what Anti-virus program you guys are
using?

dkaloustian@gmail.com

On Nov 23, 8:48*am, LIor <L...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
> I'm having the same problem...wondering what Anti-virus program you guys are
> using?
>

> "Paula" wrote:
> > One final note- I downloaded Adobe Reader 8.1.3 last night and manually
> > installed it. *Everything is working fine, *I have no crash issues with any
> > browser.

> > Paula

> > "Paula" wrote:

> > > Thanks much, Donald-I will try those links. *I am also using IE 7 and SP 3. *
> > > I had no problem using earlier versions of Adobe Reader. *After I posted
> > > this, I have tried using Safari and Firefox to open PDF's and those browsers
> > > crash as well, so the problem *is* with my upgraded version of Adobe Reader
> > > and not IE.

> > > Paula

I am having the same problem as well. Everything was working fine
when I had Adobe Reader 8 and as soon as I updated to 9 this problem
started occurring. I also Adobe Acrobat 8.1.2 so it makes no sense to
have Adobe Reader 9 on my computer. I tried uninstalling without
reinstalling and IE still crashes. From what I can see in the event
viewer, is that some kind of Adobe Reader 9 configuration update is
occuring right before the IE crash.

I am running IE 7 and some of my friends are having the same issue
with IE 6 as well.

Any advice anyone?
dkaloustian@gmail.com

Re: IE 7 Crash when Downloading Adobe Reader 9
On Nov 23, 8:48*am, LIor <L...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
> I'm having the same problem...wondering what Anti-virus program you guys are
> using?
>

> "Paula" wrote:
> > One final note- I downloadedAdobeReader 8.1.3 last night and manually
> > installed it. *Everything is working fine, *I have no crash issues with any
> > browser.

> > Paula

> > "Paula" wrote:

> > > Thanks much, Donald-I will try those links. *I am also usingIE7 andSP 3. *
> > > I had no problem using earlier versions ofAdobeReader. *After I posted
> > > this, I have tried using Safari and Firefox to open PDF's and those browsers
> > > crash as well, so the problem *is* with my upgraded version ofAdobeReader
> > > and notIE.

> > > Paula

I am having the same problem as well. Everything was working fine
when I had Adobe Reader 8 and as soon as I updated to 9 this problem
started occurring. I also have Adobe Acrobat 8.1.2 installed so it
makes no sense to
have Adobe Reader 9 on my computer. I tried uninstalling Reader 9