IE 7 will not function

Art

IE 7 will not function
If I start in no addon mode it will start, but the moment I try to go to any
web page it crashes. If I start in blank the same thing happens. What is
going on?
--
Arthur Fox
ALEXIOS GOUTSOULAS

Re: IE 7 will not function
if it starts only on no add-on mode, then one or more of the installed
add-ons are making a conflict with the regular mode of the IE. go to the
control panel,security,internet options and through the add-on manager try
to deactivate all the add-ons. then start the IE and see if it doesn't
crash.
then assuming it started fine activate one add-on at a time and restarting
the browser after each time to see what add-on isn't working well.
hope i helped

Ο "Art" <anopcfox1@verizon.net> *γραψε στο μήνυμα
> If I start in no addon mode it will start, but the moment I try to go to
> any
> web page it crashes. If I start in blank the same thing happens. What is
> going on?
> --
> Arthur Fox

Art

Re: IE 7 will not function
Al;l add ons disabled. Same problem still exists. It crashes and asks if I
want to send a report.
--
Arthur

"ALEXIOS GOUTSOULAS" wrote:

> if it starts only on no add-on mode, then one or more of the installed
> add-ons are making a conflict with the regular mode of the IE. go to the
> control panel,security,internet options and through the add-on manager try
> to deactivate all the add-ons. then start the IE and see if it doesn't
> crash.
> then assuming it started fine activate one add-on at a time and restarting
> the browser after each time to see what add-on isn't working well.
> hope i helped
>

> Ο "Art" <anopcfox1@verizon.net> *γραψε στο μήνυμα
> > If I start in no addon mode it will start, but the moment I try to go to
> > any
> > web page it crashes. If I start in blank the same thing happens. What is
> > going on?
> > --
> > Arthur Fox

Art

Re: IE 7 will not function
There are a lot of addins that require no authorization. Any one place or
thing to go to to simply turn all of them off in management mode?
--
art

"ALEXIOS GOUTSOULAS" wrote:

> if it starts only on no add-on mode, then one or more of the installed
> add-ons are making a conflict with the regular mode of the IE. go to the
> control panel,security,internet options and through the add-on manager try
> to deactivate all the add-ons. then start the IE and see if it doesn't
> crash.
> then assuming it started fine activate one add-on at a time and restarting
> the browser after each time to see what add-on isn't working well.
> hope i helped
>

> Ο "Art" <anopcfox1@verizon.net> *γραψε στο μήνυμα
> > If I start in no addon mode it will start, but the moment I try to go to
> > any
> > web page it crashes. If I start in blank the same thing happens. What is
> > going on?
> > --
> > Arthur Fox

williamtell

Re: IE 7 will not function
Right click IE on your desktop, click Start without add ons.

Good luck!
--
WT

"Art" wrote:

> There are a lot of addins that require no authorization. Any one place or
> thing to go to to simply turn all of them off in management mode?
> --
> art
>

> "ALEXIOS GOUTSOULAS" wrote:
>
> > if it starts only on no add-on mode, then one or more of the installed
> > add-ons are making a conflict with the regular mode of the IE. go to the
> > control panel,security,internet options and through the add-on manager try
> > to deactivate all the add-ons. then start the IE and see if it doesn't
> > crash.
> > then assuming it started fine activate one add-on at a time and restarting
> > the browser after each time to see what add-on isn't working well.
> > hope i helped
> >

> > Ο "Art" <anopcfox1@verizon.net> *γραψε στο μήνυμα
> > > If I start in no addon mode it will start, but the moment I try to go to
> > > any
> > > web page it crashes. If I start in blank the same thing happens. What is
> > > going on?
> > > --
> > > Arthur Fox

williamtell

Re: IE 7 will not function
Sorry, I overlooked your first post, suggestion, Tools>Internet
Options>advanced tab>Reset. This will disable all add ons.

Good luck!
--
WT

"williamtell" wrote:

> Right click IE on your desktop, click Start without add ons.
>
> Good luck!
> --
> WT
>

> "Art" wrote:
>
> > There are a lot of addins that require no authorization. Any one place or
> > thing to go to to simply turn all of them off in management mode?
> > --
> > art
> >

> > "ALEXIOS GOUTSOULAS" wrote:
> >
> > > if it starts only on no add-on mode, then one or more of the installed
> > > add-ons are making a conflict with the regular mode of the IE. go to the
> > > control panel,security,internet options and through the add-on manager try
> > > to deactivate all the add-ons. then start the IE and see if it doesn't
> > > crash.
> > > then assuming it started fine activate one add-on at a time and restarting
> > > the browser after each time to see what add-on isn't working well.
> > > hope i helped
> > >

> > > Ο "Art" <anopcfox1@verizon.net> *γραψε στο μήνυμα

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: IE 7 will not function
What if you go to Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools |
Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

"Art" <anopcfox1@verizon.net> wrote in message
> There are a lot of addins that require no authorization. Any one place or
> thing to go to to simply turn all of them off in management mode?
>
> "ALEXIOS GOUTSOULAS" wrote:
>
>> if it starts only on no add-on mode, then one or more of the installed
>> add-ons are making a conflict with the regular mode of the IE. go to the
>> control panel,security,internet options and through the add-on manager
>> try
>> to deactivate all the add-ons. then start the IE and see if it doesn't
>> crash.
>> then assuming it started fine activate one add-on at a time and
>> restarting
>> the browser after each time to see what add-on isn't working well.
>> hope i helped
>>

>> Ο "Art" <anopcfox1@verizon.net> *γραψε στο μήνυμα
>> > If I start in no addon mode it will start, but the moment I try to go
>> > any
>> > web page it crashes. If I start in blank the same thing happens. What
>> > is
>> > going on?

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: IE 7 will not function

"Art" <anopcfox1@verizon.net> wrote in message news:38F8803A-95AC-41CE-9C6B-0496F400A36C@microsoft.com...
> If I start in no addon mode it will start, but the moment I try to go to any
> web page it crashes. If I start in blank the same thing happens.

> What is going on?

Good question. Capture and post the Error Signature.
Hint: click on [click here]; doubleclick on a word; press Ctrl-a, Ctrl-c
to capture it.

BTW unfortunately there are many programs of various kinds
which are installed in such a way that they can not be blocked
by the No Add-ons feature but still manage to interfere with the
normal operation of IE. In that case, you may have to resort
to more general diagnoses (aka clean-boot troubleshooting).

Another possibility is that other programs you have installed
were interfering when IE7 was installed. (I see you haven't yet
disclosed your OS, so ignore this point if you have Vista.)

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

mistychild

RE: IE 7 will not function
I have a problem too regarding IE7

whenever I open my IE7, there's an error message that says

"iedw.exe-Ordinal Not Found
The ordinal 363 could not be located in the dynamic link library urlmon.dll."

what does this mean?
What should I do then?

Thanks to whoever will reply and eventually would help me..

Art

Re: IE 7 will not function
Error Signature

-AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 7.0.5730.13 ModName: msrating.dll
ModVer: 7.0.5730.13 Offset: 0001c615-

Arthur (using xp sp2)