Re: IE won't display but sees Internet

Stuart

Re: IE won't display but sees Internet
I have exactly the same issue, have tried all of those steps and have even
reimaged the machine. I can ping sites, I can get updates, I can do
everything except browse.

"Scott Pfaff" wrote:

> Disable your wireless adapter on your laptop. Connect directly to your
> Cable/Modem or DSL router and see if you can get access to the internet. If
> so, it is a configuration problem with your router. If not, then it is
> either a problem with the laptop or your cable modem/DSL router. Connect
> another PC to the same connection to see if is your laptop.
>
> Now you can also connect your laptop via a cable to your Wireless Router and
> see if you can surf the web that way. If you can you have futher isolated
> the problem to the Wireless configuration in the Router.
>
> Once we answer these questions we can go from there.
>

> "Cheri" <Cheri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm baffled and frustrated. My new PC (using Vista) sees my wireless
> > router
> > and I can ping sites. I've verified there's nothing wrong with the
> > connection to the Internet. But when I bring up IE and ask for
> > Google.com,
> > it won't display (times out). Doesn't matter what site I try, it won't
> > display. I tried downloading Firefox from another computer I have and
> > installed that onto the new desktop, but that browser won't display
> > either.
> > Any ideas out there? I'm ready to bring the computer back to the store!
> > --
> > Cheri

Robert Aldwinckle

"Stuart" <Stuart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8710755E-E148-433F-915D-56E2F7E86AD7@microsoft.com...
>I have exactly the same issue,

Perhaps but thanks for starting your own thread...

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...c-d1def2998c2d

> have tried all of those steps and have even
> reimaged the machine. I can ping sites, I can get updates, I can do
> everything except browse.

Please let dead threads R.I.P.
It is a good idea to mine ones that you find similar for ideas
and even to reference them by a link but adding a Me too! post
just adds confusion IMO.

BTW IE8 wasn't even available then. ; )

12/30/2007 9:18 AM PST
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...d-56e2f7e86ad7