Antivirus 2009

INNOVA

Antivirus 2009
Fix it. I removed it from my system because it was blocking safe, legitimate
websites. It still blocks vital sites as WIN EXP. WIN EXP has no remove
button in the control panel so I cannot reboot WIUN EXP to try to eliminate
this assinine blocking monster. WHAT IS THIS????

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Tom [Pepper] Willett

Re: Antivirus 2009
AntiVirus 2009 is not part of Windows and has nothing to do with Microsoft.
Thus, you have no suggestion.

What you have is a malware infection on your computer because of something
*you* downloaded.

You need to Fix it.

"INNOVA" <INNOVA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: Fix it. I removed it from my system because it was blocking safe,
legitimate
: websites. It still blocks vital sites as WIN EXP. WIN EXP has no remove
: button in the control panel so I cannot reboot WIUN EXP to try to
eliminate
: this assinine blocking monster. WHAT IS THIS????
:
: ----------------
: This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
: suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
: Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
this
: link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
: click "I Agree" in the message pane.
:
:

Peter Foldes

Re: Antivirus 2009
You are infected with a malware that you picked up because of your browsing habit.

Here is the removal steps for the Antivirus 2009 malware

If you have XP Antivirus 2008/09, here are removal steps:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malw...antivirus-2009
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic154529.html (earlier versions)

--
Peter

"INNOVA" <INNOVA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A03809E4-B90E-44E8-A879-52BC2937A116@microsoft.com...
> Fix it. I removed it from my system because it was blocking safe, legitimate
> websites. It still blocks vital sites as WIN EXP. WIN EXP has no remove
> button in the control panel so I cannot reboot WIUN EXP to try to eliminate
> this assinine blocking monster. WHAT IS THIS????
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

VanguardLH

Re: Antivirus 2009
INNOVA wrote:

> Fix it. I removed it from my system because it was blocking safe, legitimate
> websites. It still blocks vital sites as WIN EXP. WIN EXP has no remove
> button in the control panel so I cannot reboot WIUN EXP to try to eliminate
> this assinine blocking monster. WHAT IS THIS????
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

You can't ask questions when you post SUGGESTIONS.

So why would you install a drive-by-install? Why would you believe an
unknown and untrusted site with the health of your host? Do you also
buy vitamins in unlabelled bottles from some guy in a dark alley?

Google on +remove +"antivirus 2009":
http://www.google.com/search?q=%2Bremove+%2B"antivirus+2009"
norm

Re: Antivirus 2009
Peter Foldes wrote:
> You are infected with a malware that you picked up because of your browsing habit.

The user is not always at fault. Browsing habits, if you are inferring
the visiting of unsavory sites, can have nothing to do with running
across this pest. I was searching for some specific piano sheet music
and it popped up on one of the sites I happened to look at. Nothing
unsavory about the site at all. It began the infamous popup scan without
any interaction, and I don't know for sure, but I can imagine it would
have installed no matter what I clicked on to get rid of it.
Fortunately, I was not on my windows machine at the time.

VanguardLH wrote:
> INNOVA wrote:
>
>> Fix it. I removed it from my system because it was blocking safe, legitimate
>> websites. It still blocks vital sites as WIN EXP. WIN EXP has no remove
>> button in the control panel so I cannot reboot WIUN EXP to try to eliminate
>> this assinine blocking monster. WHAT IS THIS????
>>
>> ----------------
>> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
>> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
>> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

> You can't ask questions when you post SUGGESTIONS.
>
> So why would you install a drive-by-install? Why would you believe an
> unknown and untrusted site with the health of your host? Do you also
> buy vitamins in unlabelled bottles from some guy in a dark alley?

The user is not always at fault. Browsing habits, and the accusation of
visiting unsavory sites, can have nothing to do with running across this
pest. I was searching for some specific piano sheet music and it popped
up on one of the sites I happened to look at. Nothing unsavory about the
site at all. It began the infamous popup scan without any interaction,
and I don't know for sure, but I can imagine it would have installed no
matter what I clicked on to get rid of it. Fortunately, I was not on my
windows machine at the time.

> Google on +remove +"antivirus 2009":
> http://www.google.com/search?q=%2Bremove+%2B"antivirus+2009"

--
norm
IntergalacticExpandingPanda

Re: Antivirus 2009
On Oct 21, 12:31 pm, "Peter Foldes" <ok...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> You are infected with a malware that you picked up because of your browsing habit.
>
> Here is the removal steps for the Antivirus 2009 malware
>
> If you have XP Antivirus 2008/09, here are removal steps:
>
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malw...9.html(earlier versions)

I just managed to acquire Antivirus 2009. The procedure went as
follows

Avast complained about a virus (figaro.sys)
system performed a reboot (I couldn't get down to cmd to abort it)
System came back up with the task bar icon stating system couldn't
connect with network drive
Process "brastk.exe" appeared
\program files\antiviruspro2009 appeared

You could blame my surfing habits, but but I believe it all started
from something that was linked to advertisements, something that even
a legit site might employ. My logs show adod.info (exact url not
copied) was the source of the malware VBS script.

Clearly I'm not a stupid user, and somehow I managed to get infected.
What would be handy is if someone could recommend which MS security
update is needed to avoid the exploit employed by AntiVirusPro2009.

I got infected with an updated copy of Avast, working firewall, and a
recent malware scan.