Changing Internet Zone Security Level on Windows 2008

Ben Scaithe

Changing Internet Zone Security Level on Windows 2008
We have a new Windows 2008 server that we are doing Terminal Services on,
and the main TS user (the owner) is complaining that they cannot browse
effectively. They are aware that there is a reason that Windows 2008 is
locked down and why the configuration we have is not ideal, but they want to
resolve the issue. I heard that there is a way to add to the GPO that would
allow the Internet zone to be lowered... if so, where in Group Policy
Management do I add / edit this?

- Ben

Jan Kuipers

Re: Changing Internet Zone Security Level on Windows 2008
"Ben Scaithe" wrote:

> We have a new Windows 2008 server that we are doing Terminal Services on,
> and the main TS user (the owner) is complaining that they cannot browse
> effectively. They are aware that there is a reason that Windows 2008 is
> locked down and why the configuration we have is not ideal, but they want to
> resolve the issue. I heard that there is a way to add to the GPO that would
> allow the Internet zone to be lowered... if so, where in Group Policy
> Management do I add / edit this?

There is a white paper that you can download at:

In this paper you can read the instructions how to use group policy to
disable the Enhanced Security Configuration.
--
Jan Kuipers

Ben Scaithe

Re: Changing Internet Zone Security Level on Windows 2008
Does Enhanced Security Configuration apply to Windows 2008? The whitepaper
does not appear to totally correspond with what I am seeing.

"Jan Kuipers" <j@n.invalid> wrote in message
> "Ben Scaithe" wrote:
>
>> We have a new Windows 2008 server that we are doing Terminal Services on,
>> and the main TS user (the owner) is complaining that they cannot browse
>> effectively. They are aware that there is a reason that Windows 2008 is
>> locked down and why the configuration we have is not ideal, but they want
>> resolve the issue. I heard that there is a way to add to the GPO that
>> would
>> allow the Internet zone to be lowered... if so, where in Group Policy
>> Management do I add / edit this?

> There is a white paper that you can download at:
>
> In this paper you can read the instructions how to use group policy to
> disable the Enhanced Security Configuration.
> --
> Jan Kuipers

Ben Scaithe

Re: Changing Internet Zone Security Level on Windows 2008
Looking up Enhanced Security Configuration did give me something to search
for... it's a setting right on the Server Manager. D'oh!

Thanks for the help!