internet explorer 7 - can't copy and paste

wtokyo

internet explorer 7 - can't copy and paste
I am running Windows Vista Business and using internet explorer 7. Although
"copy" and "paste" are listed under the "Edit" drop-down menu, they are
greyed out. I have used these 2 commands in all previous versions of
Internet Explorer.

I am disabled and have limited use of my fingers, therefore these commands
are extremely important to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: internet explorer 7 - can't copy and paste
"wtokyo" <wtokyo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running Windows Vista Business and using internet explorer 7.
>Although
> "copy" and "paste" are listed under the "Edit" drop-down menu, they are
> greyed out. I have used these 2 commands in all previous versions of
> Internet Explorer.
>
> I am disabled and have limited use of my fingers, therefore these commands
> are extremely important to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you first selected what you want to copy?

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Don Varnau

Re: internet explorer 7 - can't copy and paste
Hi,
See earlier post (about 2 hours ago.)

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"wtokyo" <wtokyo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am running Windows Vista Business and using internet explorer 7.

Although
> "copy" and "paste" are listed under the "Edit" drop-down menu, they are
> greyed out. I have used these 2 commands in all previous versions of
> Internet Explorer.
>
> I am disabled and have limited use of my fingers, therefore these commands
> are extremely important to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

wtokyo

Re: internet explorer 7 - can't copy and paste
The problem is that the instant I select the item to be copied, for example a
URL, "copy" and "paste" become greyed out.

"Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" wrote:

> "wtokyo" <wtokyo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am running Windows Vista Business and using internet explorer 7.
> >Although
> > "copy" and "paste" are listed under the "Edit" drop-down menu, they are
> > greyed out. I have used these 2 commands in all previous versions of
> > Internet Explorer.
> >
> > I am disabled and have limited use of my fingers, therefore these commands
> > are extremely important to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >

> Have you first selected what you want to copy?
>
> --
> Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
> Do not reply with email

ju.c

Re: internet explorer 7 - can't copy and paste
Try this:

1. Open 'Tools-->Internet Options'.

2. Choose a zone and click the "Custom level..." button.

3. Scroll down to 'Miscellaneous-->Drag and drop or copy and paste files".

4. Select "Enable".

5. OK, Apply, OK.

ju.c

"wtokyo" <wtokyo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message newsF1C8D11-5B10-4D48-80DC-B2C163B377D5@microsoft.com...
> The problem is that the instant I select the item to be copied, for example a
> URL, "copy" and "paste" become greyed out.
>
> "Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" wrote:
>
>> "wtokyo" <wtokyo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am running Windows Vista Business and using internet explorer 7.
>> >Although
>> > "copy" and "paste" are listed under the "Edit" drop-down menu, they are
>> > greyed out. I have used these 2 commands in all previous versions of
>> > Internet Explorer.
>> >
>> > I am disabled and have limited use of my fingers, therefore these commands
>> > are extremely important to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>> >

>> Have you first selected what you want to copy?
>>
>> --
>> Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
>> Do not reply with email

wtokyo

Re: internet explorer 7 - can't copy and paste
I tried your suggestion and it worked! Thanks very much.
wtokyo

"ju.c" <bibidybubidyboop@mailnator.com> wrote in message
> Try this:
>
> 1. Open 'Tools-->Internet Options'.
>
> 2. Choose a zone and click the "Custom level..." button.
>
> 3. Scroll down to 'Miscellaneous-->Drag and drop or copy and paste files".
>
> 4. Select "Enable".
>
> 5. OK, Apply, OK.

I would never have thought of that! Thanks.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

aeroview is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: internet explorer 7 - can't copy and paste
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtokyo View Post
I am running Windows Vista Business and using internet explorer 7. Although
"copy" and "paste" are listed under the "Edit" drop-down menu, they are
greyed out. I have used these 2 commands in all previous versions of
Internet Explorer.

I am disabled and have limited use of my fingers, therefore these commands
are extremely important to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
IE 7 or 8 - Just clear any URL and with cursor still there, right click and you'll see window with PASTE option.

PaulRunner is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: internet explorer 7 - can't copy and paste
instead of copy and paste you can try Click.to - Home the same function, very quickly