Internet explorer unable to connect to the internet

Allan

Internet explorer unable to connect to the internet
My Explorer cant connect to the internet. i cant download windows updates.
Icq keeps telling me no http tunnel is found, my antivirus is unable to find
the updates. Funny my messenger runs, my skype runs, my firefox runs.
Explorer suggests to check the firewall, i have checked this issue, and
unchecked and checked the boxes in firewall preferences, something is
blocking, can someone suggest a solution?
nass

RE: Internet explorer unable to connect to the internet

"Allan" wrote:

> My Explorer cant connect to the internet. i cant download windows updates.
> Icq keeps telling me no http tunnel is found, my antivirus is unable to find
> the updates. Funny my messenger runs, my skype runs, my firefox runs.
> Explorer suggests to check the firewall, i have checked this issue, and
> unchecked and checked the boxes in firewall preferences, something is
> blocking, can someone suggest a solution?

"Error message in Internet "Explorer 7 Internet Explorer cannot display
the webpage""
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926431

Run disk clean up then these commands:
ipconfig /flushdns click [OK]
ipconfig /renew click [OK]
netsh winsock reset click [OK]
Reboot your machine, are you able to open IE?
or this tool (winsock-Fix) from here:
http://www.nasstec.co.uk/tools.html

=> Before we go further are you connecting by Router or Modem, in either try
Power or unplug the Power cord for the Router/Modem for about 40 seconds or
so be generous with it <g> turn the computer OFF and wait for the time to go
by!!.
Then Turn the Router/Modem ON and wait a minute or so then Power ON the
computer and try to establish a connection and try the link, does it work?.

= Then Open a run command and type in these DLLs to re-register them:
regsvr32 SOFTPUB.DLL
regsvr32 Wintrust.dll
regsvr32 Mssip32.dll
regsvr32 Initpki.dll
regsvr32 Gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32 Sccbase.dll
regsvr32 Slbcsp.dll
regsvr32 Urlmon.dll
regsvr32 Cryptdlg.dll
regsvr32 Dssenh.dll
regsvr32 Rsaenh.dll
Note you can copy the above and paste in a Notepad and Save As on the
Desktop reg.bat file, double click the icon for the reg.bat and lick [OK]
and then Yes.

Reboot your machine, does it help?

=> Either try to update your windows scripting engine or Java version on your
computer, try to uninstall the old Java first.
Windows Script 5.6 Documentation
http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

=>... Click start >> Control Panel >> Double Click Network and Internet
Connections >> Double click Internet Options, on the IE Properties window
you will see these Options:
General | Security | Privacy | Content | Connections | Programs
| Advanced .

Click on General Tab (1st Tab on the left) and you will see a Button called
[ Clear History ..] click on it to clear your History caches, then click on
[Delete Files..] to delete Internet Files created over the time, click on [
Delete Cookies...] to delete your cookies left by visiting websites.

Click on Connections tab then click LAN Settings Button, there make sure
nothing checked.

= Then try to Disable the Add-Ons on your Browser somehow installed on your
browser, On how to disable the Add-ons follow this:
Click on Programs Tab and then click the Manage Add-Ons Button there Disable
the None/Not Verified Plug-ins/Add-ons ( you need to Renable them one-by-one
later and see which is the culprit .
How to manage Add-Ons:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883256

Click on Advanced Tab and scroll down under the browsing option and uncheck
this box:
[&] Browsing
[ ] Enable Third-Party browser extensions (Req Rest)
&] HTTP 1.1 Settings
[ ] Use HTTP 1.1 ,= Make sure this checked
[ ] Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections
If you using proxy check the proxy one if not check only the first one.

Then under Security Option:
[&] Security
[ ] Use SSL 2.0
[ ] Use SSL 3.0
[ ] Use STL 1.0
and click Apply then [OK] to close the IE properties

Scan for malware from here:
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-gb/d....htm?s_cid=sah
http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-gb/default.htm

"Error message in Internet Explorer 7: Internet Explorer cannot display
the webpage"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926431

reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213

How to troubleshoot network connectivity problems in Internet Explorer

HTH,
nass
---
http://www.nasstec.co.uk

Leonard Grey

Re: Internet explorer unable to connect to the internet
Wish we knew what version of Internet Explorer you have and what version
of Windows you have. Now I have to guess.

If it's Internet Explorer 7, run it in 'No Add-Ons' mode.

Problems can result when add-ons, including browser toolbars, are
damaged or conflict with Internet Explorer.

If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

following target path:

If no problems occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, the problem is caused by one
of the add-ons that load together with Internet Explorer 7.

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by the presence of
viruses or other malicious software.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

"A Day in the Life of a Web 2.0 Hacker" - PC Magazine

Allan wrote:
> My Explorer cant connect to the internet. i cant download windows updates.
> Icq keeps telling me no http tunnel is found, my antivirus is unable to find
> the updates. Funny my messenger runs, my skype runs, my firefox runs.
> Explorer suggests to check the firewall, i have checked this issue, and
> unchecked and checked the boxes in firewall preferences, something is
> blocking, can someone suggest a solution?

Re: Internet explorer unable to connect to the internet
There's a very strong possibility that you have a Vundo infection, which is
usually accompanied by ZLOB and/or SDBot infections, all of which are
protected by a rootkit.

Run a thorough check for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis log
to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm