Internet Explorer not working with all profiles

Brilandboy20

Internet Explorer not working with all profiles
Internet explorer is not working on some profiles on my computer. I am using
vista with internet explorer 7. On one profile it works fine but on the
other I am unable to get it to work
Leonard Grey

Re: Internet Explorer not working with all profiles
By "profiles" do you mean user accounts?

On which user accounts does IE 7 not work, and please explain exactly
what it means to 'not work'.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

"A Day in the Life of a Web 2.0 Hacker" - PC Magazine

Brilandboy20 wrote:
> Internet explorer is not working on some profiles on my computer. I am using
> vista with internet explorer 7. On one profile it works fine but on the
> other I am unable to get it to work

Brilandboy20

Re: Internet Explorer not working with all profiles
On the admin user my nternet does't work but on a guest user it works. When I
say doesn't work am unable to get internet access with that user. But if i
login with a different user I am able to get internet access.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> By "profiles" do you mean user accounts?
>
> On which user accounts does IE 7 not work, and please explain exactly
> what it means to 'not work'.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> "A Day in the Life of a Web 2.0 Hacker" - PC Magazine
>
> Brilandboy20 wrote:
> > Internet explorer is not working on some profiles on my computer. I am using
> > vista with internet explorer 7. On one profile it works fine but on the
> > other I am unable to get it to work

Leonard Grey

Re: Internet Explorer not working with all profiles
Thank you for the added information.

Does the Administrator account see any error messages? What exactly
happens when you open Internet Explorer?
---

Brilandboy20 wrote:
> On the admin user my nternet does't work but on a guest user it works. When I
> say doesn't work am unable to get internet access with that user. But if i
> login with a different user I am able to get internet access.
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> By "profiles" do you mean user accounts?
>>
>> On which user accounts does IE 7 not work, and please explain exactly
>> what it means to 'not work'.
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> "A Day in the Life of a Web 2.0 Hacker" - PC Magazine
>>
>> Brilandboy20 wrote:
>>> Internet explorer is not working on some profiles on my computer. I am using
>>> vista with internet explorer 7. On one profile it works fine but on the
>>> other I am unable to get it to work

Brilandboy20

Re: Internet Explorer not working with all profiles
It gives me an internet explorer cannot display the web page error. I am able
to use skype but and not able to use messenger. But on the other user on the
I am able to use messenger and internet explorer without problem.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Thank you for the added information.
>
> Does the Administrator account see any error messages? What exactly
> happens when you open Internet Explorer?
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> "A Day in the Life of a Web 2.0 Hacker" - PC Magazine
>
> Brilandboy20 wrote:
> > On the admin user my nternet does't work but on a guest user it works. When I
> > say doesn't work am unable to get internet access with that user. But if i
> > login with a different user I am able to get internet access.
> >
> > "Leonard Grey" wrote:
> >
> >> By "profiles" do you mean user accounts?
> >>
> >> On which user accounts does IE 7 not work, and please explain exactly
> >> what it means to 'not work'.
> >> ---
> >> Leonard Grey
> >> Errare humanum est
> >>
> >> "A Day in the Life of a Web 2.0 Hacker" - PC Magazine
> >> http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2330952,00.asp

Leonard Grey

Re: Internet Explorer not working with all profiles
Ah yes...Skype is well known to cause problems for IE 7. If you remove
Skype your problem may vanish. If not:

Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode.

Problems can result when add-ons, including browser toolbars, are
damaged or conflict with Internet Explorer.

Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search box > click
Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

XP: Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet
Explorer (No Add-Ons)

following target path:

If no problems occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, the problem is caused by one
of the add-ons that load together with Internet Explorer 7.

---