Address Bar Dropdown not working?

Dave

Address Bar Dropdown not working?
IE7, All updates, My address Barr Dropdown is not working as expected, the
first time I click it I see my list of recent locations "flash"by and the
dropdown closes, after that a click generates nothing. If I wait a few
seconds I can get the dropdown to flash again but no way to select anything
from it? Is there a setting I may have mis adjusted?

Re: Address Bar Dropdown not working?
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
posting to this newsgroup, please.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Dave wrote:
> IE7, All updates, My address Barr Dropdown is not working as expected, the
> first time I click it I see my list of recent locations "flash"by and the
> dropdown closes, after that a click generates nothing. If I wait a few
> seconds I can get the dropdown to flash again but no way to select
> anything
> from it? Is there a setting I may have mis adjusted?

Dave

Re: Address Bar Dropdown not working?
Sorry about that....WinXP SP3, symantec Corporate AV 10.1, spybot S&D

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> posting to this newsgroup, please.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Dave wrote:
> > IE7, All updates, My address Barr Dropdown is not working as expected, the
> > first time I click it I see my list of recent locations "flash"by and the
> > dropdown closes, after that a click generates nothing. If I wait a few
> > seconds I can get the dropdown to flash again but no way to select
> > anything
> > from it? Is there a setting I may have mis adjusted?

Re: Address Bar Dropdown not working?
When does your Symantec Corporate AV subscription expire?

=> Does this behavior persist if you start IE7 in No Add-ons mode? To start
IE7 in No Add-ons mode:

1. Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without Add-ons;
or

2. Start > (All) Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer
(No add-ons).

=> Does the problem persist if you Reset IE7 Advanced settings (RIES)?
~PA Bear

Dave wrote:
> Sorry about that....WinXP SP3, symantec Corporate AV 10.1, spybot S&D
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
>> posting to this newsgroup, please.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Dave wrote:
>>> IE7, All updates, My address Barr Dropdown is not working as expected,
>>> the
>>> first time I click it I see my list of recent locations "flash"by and
>>> the
>>> dropdown closes, after that a click generates nothing. If I wait a few
>>> seconds I can get the dropdown to flash again but no way to select
>>> anything
>>> from it? Is there a setting I may have mis adjusted?

Dave

Re: Address Bar Dropdown not working?

Thank You Bear,
Had a non functional address bar drop down in IE7, Per your suggestion I
opened a new instance of IE7 with the add-ons disabled, The address bar
worked normally and when I went over to my other instance of IE the address
bar worked normallyn there too. Closed the instance with the diabled add ons
and now my address bar works normally all the time!
Thanks Again!

Re: Address Bar Dropdown not working?
YW & thanks for your feedback, Dave.