RE: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

TooMuchTimeWastedByMS

RE: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
Thousands of people are having this problem. It appears to be an issue with
NBC.com thinking you have a tablet PC.

I have a Wacom tablet connected to my HP Vista Machine w/sp1.

Here is the simple solution that I found that worked for me:

The tablet version of xp and vista install a custom user-agent for IE that
makes nbc.com think it’s a mobile device. http://www.nbc.com is forwarding
tablets to nbc.starcut.us, which is a wap compatible version of
http://www.nbc.com for mobile devices.

This is a band-aid but remove the following registry key, delete the IE
cache, and close all browsers and http://www.nbc.com starts working again.

HKLM>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>Int ernet Settings>5.0>User
Agent>Post Platform>Tablet PC 2.0

"transmito" wrote:

> The only known website I am having this issue with is nbc.com
> I am IE7 version 7.0.5730.13 and xp tablet sp2 with avg 7.5 virus protection
> on a Fujitsu T4020.
>
> 1-I have used IE with Add-ons mode and had the same issue
> 2-I have removed IE7 and had the same problem with IE6.
> 3-I have reinstalled IE7 according to Sandi's Installation Tips.
> 4-I have reset IE7
> 5-I have updated and scanned my computer using AVG, ad-adware 2007, and
> window defender.
>
> I don’t know why I can not log on to www.nbc.com.
> Doing a search I have found other people with the same problem but no answers.
>
> Please help

Re: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
OP *does* have a Tablet PC.

TooMuchTimeWastedByMS wrote:
> Thousands of people are having this problem. It appears to be an issue
> with
> NBC.com thinking you have a tablet PC.
>
> I have a Wacom tablet connected to my HP Vista Machine w/sp1.
>
> Here is the simple solution that I found that worked for me:
>
> The tablet version of xp and vista install a custom user-agent for IE that
> makes nbc.com think it’s a mobile device. http://www.nbc.com is forwarding
> tablets to nbc.starcut.us, which is a wap compatible version of
> http://www.nbc.com for mobile devices.
>
> This is a band-aid but remove the following registry key, delete the IE
> cache, and close all browsers and http://www.nbc.com starts working again.
>
> HKLM>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>Int ernet Settings>5.0>User
> Agent>Post Platform>Tablet PC 2.0
>

> "transmito" wrote:
>
>> The only known website I am having this issue with is nbc.com
>> I am IE7 version 7.0.5730.13 and xp tablet sp2 with avg 7.5 virus
>> protection on a Fujitsu T4020.
>>
>> 1-I have used IE with Add-ons mode and had the same issue
>> 2-I have removed IE7 and had the same problem with IE6.
>> 3-I have reinstalled IE7 according to Sandi's Installation Tips.
>> 4-I have reset IE7
>> 5-I have updated and scanned my computer using AVG, ad-adware 2007, and
>> window defender.
>>
>> I don’t know why I can not log on to www.nbc.com.
>> Doing a search I have found other people with the same problem but no
>> answers.
>>
>> Please help

Tena

RE: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

"TooMuchTimeWastedByMS" wrote:

> Thousands of people are having this problem. It appears to be an issue with
> NBC.com thinking you have a tablet PC.
>
> I have a Wacom tablet connected to my HP Vista Machine w/sp1.
>
> Here is the simple solution that I found that worked for me:
>
> The tablet version of xp and vista install a custom user-agent for IE that
> makes nbc.com think it’s a mobile device. http://www.nbc.com is forwarding
> tablets to nbc.starcut.us, which is a wap compatible version of
> http://www.nbc.com for mobile devices.
>
> This is a band-aid but remove the following registry key, delete the IE
> cache, and close all browsers and http://www.nbc.com starts working again.
>
> HKLM>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>Int ernet Settings>5.0>User
> Agent>Post Platform>Tablet PC 2.0
>

> "transmito" wrote:
>
> > The only known website I am having this issue with is nbc.com
> > I am IE7 version 7.0.5730.13 and xp tablet sp2 with avg 7.5 virus protection
> > on a Fujitsu T4020.
> >
> > 1-I have used IE with Add-ons mode and had the same issue
> > 2-I have removed IE7 and had the same problem with IE6.
> > 3-I have reinstalled IE7 according to Sandi's Installation Tips.
> > 4-I have reset IE7
> > 5-I have updated and scanned my computer using AVG, ad-adware 2007, and
> > window defender.
> >
> > I don’t know why I can not log on to www.nbc.com.
> > Doing a search I have found other people with the same problem but no answers.
> >
> > Please help

Tena

RE: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
I just wanted to say THANK YOU! This worked perfectly and so efficiently. I
too wasted too much time, but I really wanted to see SNL

(Toshiba laptop a205-ss5855 w/Vista home 32bit
- Wacom Tablet software installed)