IE7 Favorites

Bruce

IE7 Favorites
I accidently moved rather than copied IE7 favorites to an external hard
drive. When I copied the favorites back to the correct location (Documents
and Settings/<user name>/Favorites, IE7 still goes to the external hard drive
location for Favorites. Clicking on Favorites/Properties in IE7 verifies that
IE7 is looking in the external hard drive.

How do I move the IE7 Favorites directory pointer back to Documents and
Settings/<user>/Favorites on C: ?

Re: IE7 Favorites
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
posting to this newsgroup, please.

IE Tools | Internet Options | General | Browsing history | Settings | ...
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Bruce wrote:
> I accidently moved rather than copied IE7 favorites to an external hard
> drive. When I copied the favorites back to the correct location (Documents
> and Settings/<user name>/Favorites, IE7 still goes to the external hard
> drive location for Favorites. Clicking on Favorites/Properties in IE7
> verifies that IE7 is looking in the external hard drive.
>
> How do I move the IE7 Favorites directory pointer back to Documents and
> Settings/<user>/Favorites on C: ?

Bruce

RE: IE7 Favorites
Running Windows XP Professional, SP2.

No 'Browsing History' button in IE Tools/Internet Options/General/ menu.
--
Bruce

"Bruce" wrote:

> I accidently moved rather than copied IE7 favorites to an external hard
> drive. When I copied the favorites back to the correct location (Documents
> and Settings/<user name>/Favorites, IE7 still goes to the external hard drive
> location for Favorites. Clicking on Favorites/Properties in IE7 verifies that
> IE7 is looking in the external hard drive.
>
> How do I move the IE7 Favorites directory pointer back to Documents and
> Settings/<user>/Favorites on C: ?

ju.c

Re: IE7 Favorites
> "How do I move the IE7 Favorites directory pointer back
to Documents and Settings/<user>/Favorites on C: ?"

Open the Run box and enter: regedit

Go to this key, find "Favorites" and modify the path:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders]

ju.c

"Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:977336AF-6D3D-4F5E-AC79-683EFCE5C995@microsoft.com...
> Running Windows XP Professional, SP2.
>
> No 'Browsing History' button in IE Tools/Internet Options/General/ menu.
> --
> Bruce
>

> "Bruce" wrote:
>
>> I accidently moved rather than copied IE7 favorites to an external hard
>> drive. When I copied the favorites back to the correct location (Documents
>> and Settings/<user name>/Favorites, IE7 still goes to the external hard drive
>> location for Favorites. Clicking on Favorites/Properties in IE7 verifies that
>> IE7 is looking in the external hard drive.
>>
>> How do I move the IE7 Favorites directory pointer back to Documents and
>> Settings/<user>/Favorites on C: ?

Re: IE7 Favorites
To whom are you replying, yourself?

Bruce wrote:
> Running Windows XP Professional, SP2.
>
> No 'Browsing History' button in IE Tools/Internet Options/General/ menu.
>
>> I accidently moved rather than copied IE7 favorites to an external hard
>> drive. When I copied the favorites back to the correct location
>> (Documents
>> and Settings/<user name>/Favorites, IE7 still goes to the external hard
>> drive location for Favorites. Clicking on Favorites/Properties in IE7
>> verifies that IE7 is looking in the external hard drive.
>>
>> How do I move the IE7 Favorites directory pointer back to Documents and
>> Settings/<user>/Favorites on C: ?

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: IE7 Favorites
"Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Running Windows XP Professional, SP2.
>
> No 'Browsing History' button in IE Tools/Internet Options/General/ menu.
> --
> Bruce
>

> "Bruce" wrote:
>
>> I accidently moved rather than copied IE7 favorites to an external hard
>> drive. When I copied the favorites back to the correct location
>> (Documents
>> and Settings/<user name>/Favorites, IE7 still goes to the external hard
>> drive
>> location for Favorites. Clicking on Favorites/Properties in IE7 verifies
>> that
>> IE7 is looking in the external hard drive.
>>
>> How do I move the IE7 Favorites directory pointer back to Documents and
>> Settings/<user>/Favorites on C: ?

Browsing History is the section in which to click Settings. We expect
people to look, read and think.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email