Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

IE 7 ssl lock icon disappears on proven secure site: Firefox is OK

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-29-2008
yzarc
 

Posts: n/a
IE 7 ssl lock icon disappears on proven secure site: Firefox is OK
My company has a website for submitting payment.

When we go to a page that has the form for submitting payment
information the lock disappears.

IE7 fully updated. The url has https:// as the address. Search of the
source reveals that there are no http requests. There are no iframes.

When I go to the properties of the page it shows the following
Connection: property value.
"TLS 1.0, RC4 with 128 bit encryption (High); RSA with 1024 bit
exchange"

Firefox maintains its security indicator.

Our customers are rightfully not will to post a payment.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-29-2008
yzarc
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE 7 ssl lock icon disappears on proven secure site: Firefox isOK
I think I've narrowed it down to this line of html.

<input type="image" src="/wwwimages/customerportal/images/submit.gif"
name="submit" alt="Submit secure payment"
border=0>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="pay.php"><img border=0
alt="Cancel" src="/wwwimages/customerportal/images/cancel.gif"></a>

Thanks for any guidance,
Greg

On Sep 29, 10:03*am, yzarc <yzarc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My company has a website for submitting payment.
>
> When we go to a page that has the form for submitting payment
> information the lock disappears.
>
> IE7 fully updated. The url has https:// as the address. Search of the
> source reveals that there are no http requests. There are no iframes.
>
> When I go to the properties of the page it shows the following
> Connection: property value.
> "TLS 1.0, RC4 with 128 bit encryption (High); RSA with 1024 bit
> exchange"
>
> Firefox maintains its security indicator.
>
> Our customers are rightfully not will to post a payment.
>
> Thanks


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-29-2008
Daniel Crichton
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE 7 ssl lock icon disappears on proven secure site: Firefox is OK
That line in itself wouldn't cause IE to not show the padlock, unless either
of the IMG requests result in a response redirecting to a non-SSL URL. Is
the page you're having problems with public? If so, what is the URL and I'll
be happy to take a look.

Dan

yzarc wrote on Mon, 29 Sep 2008 07:56:20 -0700 (PDT):

> I think I've narrowed it down to this line of html.


> <input type="image" src="/wwwimages/customerportal/images/submit.gif"
> name="submit" alt="Submit secure payment"
> border=0>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="pay.php"><img border=0 alt="Cancel"
> src="/wwwimages/customerportal/images/cancel.gif"></a>


> Thanks for any guidance,
> Greg


> On Sep 29, 10:03 am, yzarc <yzarc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> My company has a website for submitting payment.


>> When we go to a page that has the form for submitting payment
>> information the lock disappears.


>> IE7 fully updated. The url has https:// as the address. Search of the
>> source reveals that there are no http requests. There are no iframes.


>> When I go to the properties of the page it shows the following
>> Connection: property value.
>> "TLS 1.0, RC4 with 128 bit encryption (High); RSA with 1024 bit
>> exchange"


>> Firefox maintains its security indicator.


>> Our customers are rightfully not will to post a payment.


>> Thanks



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-29-2008
yzarc
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE 7 ssl lock icon disappears on proven secure site: Firefox isOK
I'm sorry I jumped the gun.

Although the images being referenced are using https they are in a
different sub domain.

customerportal.pngcom.com has image references to ecare.pngcom.com.
Therefore they are seen as insecure.

I'm shocked that firefox doesn't catch this and show insecurity. We
are making an adjustment to the url rewritter to fix the problem.

Thanks for your time.
Greg

On Sep 29, 11:27*am, "Daniel Crichton" <msn...@worldofspack.com>
wrote:
> That line in itself wouldn't cause IE to not show the padlock, unless either
> of the IMG requests result in a response redirecting to a non-SSL URL. Is
> the page you're having problems with public? If so, what is the URL and I'll
> be happy to take a look.
>
> Dan
>
> yzarc wrote *on Mon, 29 Sep 2008 07:56:20 -0700 (PDT):
>
> > I think I've narrowed it down to this line of html.
> > <input type="image" src="/wwwimages/customerportal/images/submit.gif"
> > name="submit" alt="Submit secure payment"
> > border=0>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="pay.php"><img border=0 alt="Cancel"
> > src="/wwwimages/customerportal/images/cancel.gif"></a>
> > Thanks for any guidance,
> > Greg
> > On Sep 29, 10:03 am, yzarc <yzarc...@gmail.com> wrote:

>
> *>> My company has a website for submitting payment.
>
> *>> When we go to a page that has the form for submitting payment
> *>> information the lock disappears.
>
> *>> IE7 fully updated. The url has https:// as the address. Search of the
> *>> source reveals that there are no http requests. There are no iframes.
>
> *>> When I go to the properties of the page it shows the following
> *>> Connection: property value.
> *>> "TLS 1.0, RC4 with 128 bit encryption (High); RSA with 1024 bit
> *>> exchange"
>
> *>> Firefox maintains its security indicator.
>
> *>> Our customers are rightfully not will to post a payment.
>
> *>> Thanks


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The icon disappears before I can download updates Kay microsoft.public.windowsupdate 2 05-14-2008 05:55
Logon Icon Disappears Larkin600 Windows Vista Home Premium 0 04-02-2008 02:21
Logon Icon Disappears Larkin600 Windows Vista Home Premium 0 04-02-2008 02:20
Re: Automatic Update Icon Disappears after download wizangzing microsoft.public.windowsupdate 0 01-23-2008 03:13
Lock expert shows how to defeat a secure lock at HITBSecConf2007 Dubai Steve Security News 0 03-05-2007 10:46




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:15.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120