Javascript not working

lafinfrog

Javascript not working
Ever since windows downloaded the service pack 3 explorer has been unable to
open the flash player or use javascript. I went to the microsoft site and
followed instructions there but nothing is working to fix the issue. Also,
all the computers at work, and those of my friends are experiencing the same
problem so it is directly related to the service pack 3.

Any news on how to fix this will be greatly appreciated.
Leonard Grey

Re: Javascript not working
"Also, all the computers at work, and those of my friends are
experiencing the same problem so it is directly related to the service
pack 3."

Interesting. I installed SP 3 and have no trouble with either Flash or
javascript. Neither did my father. (77 years old and installing service
packs!)
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

"A Day in the Life of a Web 2.0 Hacker" - PC Magazine

lafinfrog wrote:
> Ever since windows downloaded the service pack 3 explorer has been unable to
> open the flash player or use javascript. I went to the microsoft site and
> followed instructions there but nothing is working to fix the issue. Also,
> all the computers at work, and those of my friends are experiencing the same
> problem so it is directly related to the service pack 3.
>
> Any news on how to fix this will be greatly appreciated.

Kayman

Re: Javascript not working
On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 19:56:00 -0700, lafinfrog wrote:

> Ever since windows downloaded the service pack 3 explorer has been unable to
> open the flash player or use javascript. I went to the microsoft site and
> followed instructions there but nothing is working to fix the issue. Also,
> all the computers at work, and those of my friends are experiencing the same
> problem so it is directly related to the service pack 3.
>
> Any news on how to fix this will be greatly appreciated.

Flash Player 9 April 2008 Security Update (version 9.0.124.0).

1. Check version here:
http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/
--or--
Version test for Adobe Flash Player.
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...fm?id=tn_15507

2. How to uninstall the Adobe Flash Player plug-in and ActiveX control.
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...nalId=tn_14157
Direct link:
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe

2a. Alternatively, uninstall "Adobe Flash Player Active X" in Control

Panel\Add or Remove Programs, if it exists.

3. Reboot

4. Install Adobe Flash Player.
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...ShockwaveFlash
--or--
Adobe Flash Player.
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
Direct link:
http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get...r_active_x.msi

5. Reboot

6. Check version here:
http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/
--or--
Version test for Adobe Flash Player.
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...fm?id=tn_15507

No luck?

Download SubInACL from Microsoft to fix permission issues that prevent the
Flash Player Installation.
(Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000; Windows Server 2003;

Windows XP)
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...fm?id=fb1634cb
--or--
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...34cb&sliceId=2
--and--
Security Update for Flash Player (KB923789)
--then--
Start over again,
i.e. Reboot, #4 - #6

Still no luck?

Flash Support Forums
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforu...cfm?forumid=15

Good luck
katydid

RE: Javascript not working
I am having exactly the same problem....since the SP3 Pack upgrade. I've
been searching all over for a fix as well to no avail so I can't be of much
help. You're not alone. Very frustrating. Hopefully Microsoft will fix
this soon.

"lafinfrog" wrote:

> Ever since windows downloaded the service pack 3 explorer has been unable to
> open the flash player or use javascript. I went to the microsoft site and
> followed instructions there but nothing is working to fix the issue. Also,
> all the computers at work, and those of my friends are experiencing the same
> problem so it is directly related to the service pack 3.
>
> Any news on how to fix this will be greatly appreciated.

lafinfrog

Re: Javascript not working
Thank you very much, I will give this a try and hope it works!

"Kayman" wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 19:56:00 -0700, lafinfrog wrote:
>
> > Ever since windows downloaded the service pack 3 explorer has been unable to
> > open the flash player or use javascript. I went to the microsoft site and
> > followed instructions there but nothing is working to fix the issue. Also,
> > all the computers at work, and those of my friends are experiencing the same
> > problem so it is directly related to the service pack 3.
> >
> > Any news on how to fix this will be greatly appreciated.

> Flash Player 9 April 2008 Security Update (version 9.0.124.0).
>
> 1. Check version here:
> http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/
> --or--
> Version test for Adobe Flash Player.
> http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...fm?id=tn_15507
>
> 2. How to uninstall the Adobe Flash Player plug-in and ActiveX control.
> http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...nalId=tn_14157
> Direct link:
> http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe
>
> 2a. Alternatively, uninstall "Adobe Flash Player Active X" in Control
>
> Panel\Add or Remove Programs, if it exists.
>
> 3. Reboot
>
> 4. Install Adobe Flash Player.
> http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...ShockwaveFlash
> --or--
> Adobe Flash Player.
> http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
> Direct link:
> http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get...r_active_x.msi
>
> 5. Reboot
>
> 6. Check version here:
> http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/
> --or--
> Version test for Adobe Flash Player.
> http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...fm?id=tn_15507
>
> No luck?
>
> Download SubInACL from Microsoft to fix permission issues that prevent the
> Flash Player Installation.
> (Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000; Windows Server 2003;
>
> Windows XP)
> http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled...fm?id=fb1634cb
> --or--
> http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...34cb&sliceId=2
> --and--
> Security Update for Flash Player (KB923789)
> --then--
> Start over again,
> i.e. Reboot, #4 - #6
>
> Still no luck?
>
> Flash Support Forums
> http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforu...cfm?forumid=15
>
> Good luck

lafinfrog

RE: Javascript not working
Donald Andell Wrote:

1. Download the Flash Player Uninstaller utility and save it to your
Desktop:
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe

2. Download the manual Flash Player Installer program from the following
Adobe link and save it to your Desktop:
http://www.macromedia.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_ie

3. Disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable any Real Time
Antivirus software running in the background.

4. Run the Flash Player Uninstaller Utility from the Desktop to completely
remove Flash from your system.

5. Run the manual Flash Player Installer program from the Desktop to
install the latest version of the Flash Player to your system.

Windows Vista, if the above procedure does not resolve the issue then:
Connect to the Internet
Navigate to the following folder:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash
Rightclick on the following file in that folder and run it as Administrator:
"FlashUtil9f.exe"
Allow it to update the Flash Player

Good luck,

Donald Anadell<<

"lafinfrog" wrote:

> Ever since windows downloaded the service pack 3 explorer has been unable to
> open the flash player or use javascript. I went to the microsoft site and
> followed instructions there but nothing is working to fix the issue. Also,
> all the computers at work, and those of my friends are experiencing the same
> problem so it is directly related to the service pack 3.
>
> Any news on how to fix this will be greatly appreciated.

lafinfrog

RE: Javascript not working
What version of Windows are you running?

If Windows XP, have you tried manually uninstalling and then manually
reinstalling the Flash Player?