What version of Windows are you running?
If Windows XP, have you tried manually uninstalling and then manually
reinstalling the Flash Player?
1. Download the Flash Player Uninstaller utility and save it to your
2. Download the manual Flash Player Installer program from the following
Adobe link and save it to your Desktop:
3. Disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable any Real Time
Antivirus software running in the background.
4. Run the Flash Player Uninstaller Utility from the Desktop to completely
remove Flash from your system.
5. Run the manual Flash Player Installer program from the Desktop to
install the latest version of the Flash Player to your system.
Windows Vista, if the above procedure does not resolve the issue then:
Connect to the Internet
Navigate to the following folder:
Rightclick on the following file in that folder and run it as Administrator:
Allow it to update the Flash Player
> I am having exactly the same problem....since the SP3 Pack upgrade. I've
> been searching all over for a fix as well to no avail so I can't be of much
> help. You're not alone. Very frustrating. Hopefully Microsoft will fix
> this soon.
> "lafinfrog" wrote:
> > Ever since windows downloaded the service pack 3 explorer has been unable to
> > followed instructions there but nothing is working to fix the issue. Also,
> > all the computers at work, and those of my friends are experiencing the same
> > problem so it is directly related to the service pack 3.
> > Any news on how to fix this will be greatly appreciated.