Re: IE address Bar Typing in new URL address doesnt work!

mommer

Re: IE address Bar Typing in new URL address doesnt work!
You wrote this in 2007. I have not had a problem until just recently of the
same thing. I tried disabling all the add ons and then closing down and then
going back and enableing all the add ons and it still does not work. It
keeps tellling me IE is running with add-ons disables but when I go in and
check they are all enabled. So what is going on. Is this an old problem or a
new problem? I have never had this problem before. 9/28/08
--
mommer

"Rick" wrote:

> Created IE desktop icon; Opening IE with add-ons disbabled and typing URL in
> address bar works again, but Favorites editing does not (still a blank box).
> So, the address bar problem has to be one of the loaded Active-X controls.
>
> Closed IE; restart with add-ons; disable loaded add-ons one at a time; try
> typing/changing URL in address bar; close IE; reopen.
>
> Having followed this process for each loaded add-on, typing/changing the URL
> in the address bar does not function, even after disabling all loaded addons.
>
> It's got to be one of the Active-X controls, but I haven't been able to find
> which one(s) yet.
>
> "Michael Walraven" wrote:
>
> > Operation applies to the desktop icon on the desktop, not in quick launch or
> > start list.
> > You can also get to that option by
> > start
> > all programs
> > accessories
> > system tools
> > Internet Explorer no-addons
> >
> > (FYI you can get the IE7 icon onto the desktop if desired by
> > Customize Desktop in Display Properties - Desktop tab)
> >

> > --
> > Michael Walraven
> > If it looks like a duck,walks like a duck, and quacks
> > like a duck it probably tastes like chicken.
> >

> > "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Sorry, I don't see this option in either location you describe. I do use
> > > Classic Start menu, but I don't see this option by right-clicking on IE
> > > menu
> > > item or the desktop icon in QuickLaunch bar.

Don Varnau

Re: IE address Bar Typing in new URL address doesnt work!
Hi,
With no IE windows open, start IE7 without add-ons from:
Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
Try typing URLs into the Address Bar. Does that work?

If IE works with add-ons disabled, you will have to determine which is
causing the problem.
For troubleshooting information see:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426

More at: