internet explorer 7

sorry7

internet explorer 7
pls tell me how can i go back to internet explorer 6 since i noticed the
screen resolution of our comouter got dimmed. it will not be healthy for
the other persons using this computer
Leonard Grey

Re: internet explorer 7
Upgrading your computer to IE 7 has zero effect on the brightness or
video resolution of your monitor.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

"A Day in the Life of a Web 2.0 Hacker" - PC Magazine

sorry7 wrote:
> pls tell me how can i go back to internet explorer 6 since i noticed the
> screen resolution of our comouter got dimmed. it will not be healthy for
> the other persons using this computer

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: internet explorer 7
"sorry7" <sorry7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> pls tell me how can i go back to internet explorer 6 since i noticed the
> screen resolution of our comouter got dimmed. it will not be healthy for
> the other persons using this computer

On which OS? If not Vista you should just be able to uninstall it
via Add Remove Programs. E.g. Run... (press Win-R and enter

control appwiz.cpl

BTW please tell me what your video card and drivers are and how you
got to IE7.

FWIW I have had the same symptom with my ATI Radeon (7000 series)
since XPsp2. I don't think that IE7 per se is the cause. The way I minimize
the effects of the problem is to reduce the use of Fullscreen or Maximized
windows as much as possible and to always have a cmd window open
in the background. For some reason some of the brightness from the cmd
window usually seems to be retained by foreground windows in normal mode.
So, if I think that the window I am working with seems too dim, I use Alt-Tab
to switch to my cmd window, then switch back to the window I want to use.
Another thing which seems to regenerate brightness temporarily is going into
the Display Properties and using it. E.g. use the Troubleshooter to reduce
acceleration.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---