how do I stop / get rid of v11

wallytim60

how do I stop / get rid of v11
I do not want nor do I sdesire to have V11.msn.com as my home page. I have
tried to reset the home page via tool>options>homepage. I erased the current
msn.com and replaced it with www.msn.com..I still get redirected to V11...I
am about ready to leave MSN for any other product ....
--
wallytim60
Jim

Re: how do I stop / get rid of v11

"wallytim60" <wallytim60@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I do not want nor do I sdesire to have V11.msn.com as my home page. I have
> tried to reset the home page via tool>options>homepage. I erased the
> current
> msn.com and replaced it with www.msn.com..I still get redirected to
> V11...I
> am about ready to leave MSN for any other product ....
> --
> wallytim60

Sounds like malware to me. Thus, what is the status of your current scans?
Jim

Jim

Re: how do I stop / get rid of v11

"Jim" <j.n@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> "wallytim60" <wallytim60@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I do not want nor do I sdesire to have V11.msn.com as my home page. I have
>> tried to reset the home page via tool>options>homepage. I erased the
>> current
>> msn.com and replaced it with www.msn.com..I still get redirected to
>> V11...I
>> am about ready to leave MSN for any other product ....
>> --
>> wallytim60

> Sounds like malware to me. Thus, what is the status of your current
> scans?
> Jim

And, while you are here, please specify the OS and OE versions.
Jim

Re: how do I stop / get rid of v11
[Forwarded to MSN Discussion newsgroup via crosspost.]

wallytim60 wrote:
> I do not want nor do I sdesire to have V11.msn.com as my home page. I have
> tried to reset the home page via tool>options>homepage. I erased the
> current
> msn.com and replaced it with www.msn.com..I still get redirected to
> V11...I
> am about ready to leave MSN for any other product ....

VanguardLH

Re: how do I stop / get rid of v11
wallytim60 wrote:

> I do not want nor do I sdesire to have V11.msn.com as my home page. I have
> tried to reset the home page via tool>options>homepage. I erased the current
> msn.com and replaced it with www.msn.com..I still get redirected to V11...I
> am about ready to leave MSN for any other product ....

What security software do you have running on your host (anti-malware,
anti-trojan, Windows critical change detection, etc.)? Could be you
have security software that locks in the home page so web sites and
malware can't change it (or they change it and the security software
changes it back to what you configured it to retain as your home page).
You'll have to reconfigure that security software to enforce a new home
page or disable that lock.
...winston

Re: how do I stop / get rid of v11
You don't some locations are being pushed it(v11) instead of msn.com. At times v11 is the default load, other msn. Eventually it
would seem to make sense that all will be v11 or something relatively like it. For the time being, at best, reenter the
www.msn.com in the address bar and see if it resolves to msn.

There is no setting locally on the machine to prevent v11 loading when msn.com is the designated home page.

Optionally, click on the 'Feedback link at the bottom of the page.
http://ccc01.opinionlab.com/o.asp?id=nKUTfbox
It should provide a separate or new window for feedback(survey and a box for 1000 characters to type your input)

--
...winston
ms-mvp mail

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OIEo9$MIJHA.1156@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> [Forwarded to MSN Discussion newsgroup via crosspost.]
>
> wallytim60 wrote:
>> I do not want nor do I sdesire to have V11.msn.com as my home page. I have
>> tried to reset the home page via tool>options>homepage. I erased the current
>> msn.com and replaced it with www.msn.com..I still get redirected to V11...I
>> am about ready to leave MSN for any other product ....

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: how do I stop / get rid of v11
"wallytim60" <wallytim60@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I do not want nor do I sdesire to have V11.msn.com as my home page. I have
> tried to reset the home page via tool>options>homepage. I erased the
> current
> msn.com and replaced it with www.msn.com..I still get redirected to
> V11...I
> am about ready to leave MSN for any other product ....

It might be a security program protecting the Home Page. A few, but not
all, of the programs now doing this are:
Ad-aware's Ad-Watch
IBM Access Connections
Kaspersky
McAfee VirusScan and/or Antispyware
Norton AV
Spyware Blaster
Spybot> Tools> IE Tweaks
Spybot- Teatimer
Spysweeper
Spyware Doctor
Windows Defender
Zone Alarm (free) 6.5 Reported to be fixed in later versions.

In the case of Zone Alarm 6.5 or Norton 2007 it actually has to be
uninstalled. Make sure the Windows Firewall is turned on until you
reinstall Zone Alarm.

Boot into Safe Mode with Networking and try the change.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

marlene_saunders@hotmail.com

Re: how do I stop / get rid of v11
On Sep 28, 1:02*am, "...winston" <winston...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You don't some locations are being pushed it(v11) instead of msn.com. At times v11 is the default load, other msn. Eventually it
> would seem to make sense that all will be v11 or something relatively like it. *For the time being, at best, reenter thewww.msn.comin the address bar and see if it resolves to msn.
>
> There is no setting locally on the machine to prevent v11 loading when msn.com is the designated home page.
>
> Optionally, click on the 'Feedback link at the bottom of the page.
> * *http://ccc01.opinionlab.com/o.asp?id=nKUTfbox
> It should provide a separate or new window for feedback(survey and a box for 1000 characters to type your input)
>
> --
> *...winston
> ms-mvp mail
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:OIEo9$MIJHA..1156@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl ...
>

> > [Forwarded to MSN Discussion newsgroup via crosspost.]

> > wallytim60 wrote:
> >> I do not want nor do I sdesire to haveV11.msn.comas my home page. I have
> >> tried to reset the home page via tool>options>homepage. I erased the current
> >> msn.com and replaced it withwww.msn.com..Istill get redirected to V11....I
> >> am about ready to leave MSN for any other product ....- Hide quoted text -

This is a simple fix to eliminate v11.msn.com. Go to Tools, click on
Internet Options, then click on Security Tab. Move the security tab
to Medium High, click on appy and OK. That should solve it and
eliminate the adware misdirect.