reverting back to explorer 7 from explorer 8 beta, removing Explor

Jack48375

reverting back to explorer 7 from explorer 8 beta, removing Explor
I installed explorer 8 beta and am now not able to enter a "Major Brokerage
Company" secured sites. I am directed by the "Major Brokerage Company" site
to a page that gives a list of approved browseres, and explorer 8 is not on
the list.

Now for the hard part. How do I go back to Explorer 7 from Explorer 8 Beta.
There is no listing of Explorer 8 on "remove programs". The Microsoft
"download Explorer 7" page says I already have Explorer 7 because it is part
of Vista.

I do not want to leave Microsoft Explorer, the copy paste tools of other
companies browsers are not compatable with extracting data from the Fidelity
site.

I have tried re-setting the security settings in Explorer 8 Beta to be able
to enter the "secured" sections of "Major Brokerage Company" site with no
luck.

Please tell me how to remove explorer 8 beta and go back to explorer 7

Thanks
--
Jack48375
Monex

RE: reverting back to explorer 7 from explorer 8 beta, removing Explor
Hey
I have uninstall IE 8 by going to remove programs and then select something
with show updates you should could uninstall IE 8 there.
Donald Anadell

"Jack48375" <Jack48375@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed explorer 8 beta and am now not able to enter a "Major Brokerage
> Company" secured sites. I am directed by the "Major Brokerage Company"
> site
> to a page that gives a list of approved browseres, and explorer 8 is not
> on
> the list.
>
> Now for the hard part. How do I go back to Explorer 7 from Explorer 8
> Beta.
> There is no listing of Explorer 8 on "remove programs". The Microsoft
> "download Explorer 7" page says I already have Explorer 7 because it is
> part
> of Vista.
>
> I do not want to leave Microsoft Explorer, the copy paste tools of other
> companies browsers are not compatable with extracting data from the
> Fidelity
> site.
>
> I have tried re-setting the security settings in Explorer 8 Beta to be
> able
> to enter the "secured" sections of "Major Brokerage Company" site with no
> luck.
>
> Please tell me how to remove explorer 8 beta and go back to explorer 7

Windows Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 Release Notes:
"How to uninstall Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949787

IE8 Beta Newsgroup via the Browser:

IE8 Beta Newsgroup via a Newsreader:

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Thanks
> --
> Jack48375

Re: reverting back to explorer 7 from explorer 8 beta, removing Explor
See...

Installing & Uninstalling IE8 Beta 2
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...-8-beta-2.aspx

IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta

Via the web-interface:

Via your newsreader:

[Yes, I understand that the link you used may have brought you to IE General
newsgroup. We've gotten one of 'em fixed but there's still one more to go.]
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/