IE 7 not allowing input into address field

Canyon

IE 7 not allowing input into address field
I have tried and tried to download and install IE 7 and get help with this
issue but no one seems to have the answer:

I download and install IE 7 but when I go to run it the Address bar doesn't
seem to accept anything I type in it. I can type say: www.msn.com and press
Enter or the go to button but nothing happens. Nothing at all. The only way
to get to any site is to type the web site into the search bar field. And
then only a list of possible links comes up which I have to scroll through to
find what I may be looking for.

Could someone please solve this problem for me? I have had to resort to
going back to IE 6 because of this. But now IE 6 is giving me a headache... I
can't seem to get the status bar back at the bottum of the window. I don't
even remember making it go away. How do I get the status bar back in IE 6?
And for some reason I can't watch HD streaming at the www.fox.com site even
with their Move Movie Player. I used to be able to but not anymore. It is all
fuzzy and pixelated. And there is a scroll bar at the far right side that I
can't seem to get rid of that I know shouldn't be there because it wasn't
there a few weeks ago. Can someone please solve?

Thanks

Re: IE 7 not allowing input into address field
Required reading IMHO before installing IE7:

Sandi's Installation Tips <= Steps #1-8, #10 & #11; take note of #12, then
STOP!
(ignore any references to Vista)

And I strongly recommend using
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dow.../getitnow.mspx as the

Alternately, use this Direct Download link:

Tip: Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it.

Make *certain* that you check in at Windows Update immediately after
installing IE7 and install any critical updates offered. If Optional
Updates category offers Root Certificates update, I recommend installing it
to take full advantage of IE7's additional security.

IEBlog : IE7 Installation and Anti-Malware Applications

IEBlog: IE and Windows XP Service Pack 3
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/