Internet Explorer Script Error

Troy L

Internet Explorer Script Error
(Windows XP) IE7 Script error after downloading Norton Internet Security 2008.

I keep getting this Script error with no info after Line:, Char: and other
fields.

Most web pages will not display properly now. It show Done on the bottom of
page, but there will be little or no information on the page. Yahoo page for
example will actually have most info on it, but when I go to check my mail
there will be almost nothing on the page.

I called Norton and talked to them. They said to run IE in "no add ons"
which I did. The pages there are no better.

They told me that microsoft would have an update in 3-4 days to correct the
problem and that it was not because of downloading their product.

They told me to us Firefox in the meantime to get emails and such. This is
working OK for the moment.

They said windows would automatically download an update and nothing has
happened in a week. I am not the brightest computer savi person, but this
sounds like I am getting the run around. I have been using IE7 since I got
this computer last year.

Any help (in simple terms please) would be aprreciated.

Thank you
ju.c

Re: Internet Explorer Script Error
See if any of this will help:

"INTERNET EXPLORER SCRIPT ERROR"
"AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED IN THE SCRIPT ON THIS PAGE"

1. Open the Run box and, one at a time, enter:

regsvr32 jscript.dll
regsvr32 mshtml.dll
regsvr32 ole32.dll
regsvr32 urlmon.dll
regsvr32 vbscript.dll

2. In IE, open 'Tools->Internet Options' and set
these options as shown:

Check these two:
Disable Script Debugging (Internet Explorer)
Disable Script Debugging (Other)

Uncheck this one:
Display a notification about every script error

ju.c

"Troy L" <TroyL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F96D66B-478F-4BBB-9FB0-FD24CE1CD2B4@microsoft.com...
> (Windows XP) IE7 Script error after downloading Norton Internet Security 2008.
>
> I keep getting this Script error with no info after Line:, Char: and other
> fields.
>
> Most web pages will not display properly now. It show Done on the bottom of
> page, but there will be little or no information on the page. Yahoo page for
> example will actually have most info on it, but when I go to check my mail
> there will be almost nothing on the page.
>
> I called Norton and talked to them. They said to run IE in "no add ons"
> which I did. The pages there are no better.
>
> They told me that microsoft would have an update in 3-4 days to correct the
> problem and that it was not because of downloading their product.
>
> They told me to us Firefox in the meantime to get emails and such. This is
> working OK for the moment.
>
> They said windows would automatically download an update and nothing has
> happened in a week. I am not the brightest computer savi person, but this
> sounds like I am getting the run around. I have been using IE7 since I got
> this computer last year.
>
> Any help (in simple terms please) would be aprreciated.
>
> Thank you

Troy L

Re: Internet Explorer Script Error
I entered everything in the run box and all registered except the mshtml.dll.
That one said "was loaded, but dllregesterserver entry point was not found.
This file cannot register.

The two debugging options were already checked and the notification one was
unchecked.

Still having same problem. Does it make sense to you that the Norton people
think it is a windows update with IE7?

Thanks for your time

"ju.c" wrote:

> See if any of this will help:
>
> "INTERNET EXPLORER SCRIPT ERROR"
> "AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED IN THE SCRIPT ON THIS PAGE"
>
> 1. Open the Run box and, one at a time, enter:
>
> regsvr32 jscript.dll
> regsvr32 mshtml.dll
> regsvr32 ole32.dll
> regsvr32 urlmon.dll
> regsvr32 vbscript.dll
>
> 2. In IE, open 'Tools->Internet Options' and set
> these options as shown:
>
> Check these two:
> Disable Script Debugging (Internet Explorer)
> Disable Script Debugging (Other)
>
> Uncheck this one:
> Display a notification about every script error
>

> ju.c
>

> "Troy L" <TroyL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F96D66B-478F-4BBB-9FB0-FD24CE1CD2B4@microsoft.com...
> > (Windows XP) IE7 Script error after downloading Norton Internet Security 2008.
> >
> > I keep getting this Script error with no info after Line:, Char: and other
> > fields.
> >
> > Most web pages will not display properly now. It show Done on the bottom of
> > page, but there will be little or no information on the page. Yahoo page for
> > example will actually have most info on it, but when I go to check my mail
> > there will be almost nothing on the page.
> >
> > I called Norton and talked to them. They said to run IE in "no add ons"
> > which I did. The pages there are no better.
> >
> > They told me that microsoft would have an update in 3-4 days to correct the
> > problem and that it was not because of downloading their product.
> >
> > They told me to us Firefox in the meantime to get emails and such. This is
> > working OK for the moment.
> >
> > They said windows would automatically download an update and nothing has
> > happened in a week. I am not the brightest computer savi person, but this
> > sounds like I am getting the run around. I have been using IE7 since I got
> > this computer last year.
> >
> > Any help (in simple terms please) would be aprreciated.
> >
> > Thank you

ju.c

Re: Internet Explorer Script Error
re: "regsvr32 mshtml.dll"

That file cannot be registered, that is normal. I
have revised my help file by removing that line.

> "Still having same problem. Does it make sense

to you that the Norton people think it is a windows
update with IE7?"

No, I think they just don't know and are trying to
pass the buck, or just get rid of you. And it sounds
like it worked. I would hunt for a setting in Norton
that secures web browsing.

I know that some people, with your exact problem,
fixed it by installing IE7 again after they installed
Norton. Won't hurt to try it. Let us know if that works.

Windows Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (15 MB)

ju.c