CSS position: absolute does not work properly in IE 7

PO'd about IE 7

CSS position: absolute does not work properly in IE 7
When I use the CSS property position: absolute; it does not work in IE 7 the
same way it works in ALL OTHER current browsers.

I have a site laid out using CSS, and it looks the same in the newest
versions of:
-Firefox
-Opera
-Chrome
-Safari

But for some unknown reason, Microsoft has decided to say, "Screw it, we
want to be different. We will define that property differently than
everybody else does." Thus making web development bothersome and difficult.

Is there any reason for this? Does Microsoft hate developers? Why would IE
7 not conform to the same CSS standards as the other browsers?

If Microsoft is trying to set a trend for a new way to do CSS, it is not
working, and it is making me suggest other browsers to all who use my sites.

Re: CSS position: absolute does not work properly in IE 7
1. See these MSDN pages: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/default.aspx &
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740476.aspx

MSDN IE Development Forums
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/def...D=253&SiteID=1

2. You might wanna beta test IE8.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

PO'd about IE 7 wrote:
> When I use the CSS property position: absolute; it does not work in IE 7
> the
> same way it works in ALL OTHER current browsers.
>
> I have a site laid out using CSS, and it looks the same in the newest
> versions of:
> -Firefox
> -Opera
> -Chrome
> -Safari
>
> But for some unknown reason, Microsoft has decided to say, "Screw it, we
> want to be different. We will define that property differently than
> everybody else does." Thus making web development bothersome and
> difficult.
>
> Is there any reason for this? Does Microsoft hate developers? Why would
> IE
> 7 not conform to the same CSS standards as the other browsers?
>
> If Microsoft is trying to set a trend for a new way to do CSS, it is not
> working, and it is making me suggest other browsers to all who use my
> sites.

PO''d about IE 7

Re: CSS position: absolute does not work properly in IE 7
Thanks for the links.

I value my computer, and thus will not install a Beta version of ANYTHING
put out by Microsoft.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> 1. See these MSDN pages: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/default.aspx &
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740476.aspx
>
> MSDN IE Development Forums
> http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/def...D=253&SiteID=1
>
> 2. You might wanna beta test IE8.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> PO'd about IE 7 wrote:
> > When I use the CSS property position: absolute; it does not work in IE 7
> > the
> > same way it works in ALL OTHER current browsers.
> >
> > I have a site laid out using CSS, and it looks the same in the newest
> > versions of:
> > -Firefox
> > -Opera
> > -Chrome
> > -Safari
> >
> > But for some unknown reason, Microsoft has decided to say, "Screw it, we
> > want to be different. We will define that property differently than
> > everybody else does." Thus making web development bothersome and
> > difficult.
> >
> > Is there any reason for this? Does Microsoft hate developers? Why would
> > IE
> > 7 not conform to the same CSS standards as the other browsers?
> >
> > If Microsoft is trying to set a trend for a new way to do CSS, it is not
> > working, and it is making me suggest other browsers to all who use my
> > sites.

Donald Anadell

"PO''d about IE 7" <POdaboutIE7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the links.
>
> I value my computer, and thus will not install a Beta version of ANYTHING
> put out by Microsoft.

Then you might want to consider running IE8 Beta 2 in a Virtual Machine.

Microsoft Virtual PC:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dow...c/default.mspx

VPC Images with IE8 Beta 2 preinstalled

Good luck,