cannot search on the web with IE and Mozilla

Gheltaro

cannot search on the web with IE and Mozilla
Hello

I cannot search the web with my IE 6 and Firefox 3: right after I type a
word on google.com (for example) nothing happens, but the browser status bar
shows endlessly a transferring. The windows Live Search is the only engine
which works with IE, but no problem at all if I use Safari.

This error must be a deep one, cos I couldn't find any spyware, and virus on
my computer, any registry problems either. I use Windows XP with SP3 and all
of the necessary updates are installed.

Would be very thankful if somebody solved me this puzzle!
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: cannot search on the web with IE and Mozilla
"Gheltaro" <Gheltaro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I cannot search the web with my IE 6 and Firefox 3: right after I type a
> word on google.com (for example) nothing happens, but the browser status
> bar
> shows endlessly a transferring. The windows Live Search is the only engine
> which works with IE, but no problem at all if I use Safari.
>
> This error must be a deep one, cos I couldn't find any spyware, and virus
> on
> my computer, any registry problems either. I use Windows XP with SP3 and
> all
> of the necessary updates are installed.
>
> Would be very thankful if somebody solved me this puzzle!

How did you check for viruses, etc?

Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these
Web pages.
Help with malware:
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince
you that you owe it to the author. See also:
of.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email