Launch IE7 without add-ins

Page

Launch IE7 without add-ins
Delta.com booking disconnects from Internet. Suggested fix is disable add-ins
by right clicking IE7 icon and "launch without add-ins".

However, I previously ran desktop cleanup wizard and it put IE7 in a
"folder" called "Internet Explorer.{871C5380-42A0-1069-A2EA-08002B30309D}"
within the "Unused Desktop Shortcuts" folder without that right click option.
I can't find an IE7 icon anywhere in the system that accomodates a right
click. (I have always launched IE7 with a button on my keyboard.) Is there
any way to get the IE7 icon back out of the "Unused Desktop Shortcut" folder
or recreate a new icon with that right click option??
Page

RE: P.S.
Should have added I'm running XP Professional with SP2

"Page" wrote:

> Delta.com booking disconnects from Internet. Suggested fix is disable add-ins
> by right clicking IE7 icon and "launch without add-ins".
>
> However, I previously ran desktop cleanup wizard and it put IE7 in a
> "folder" called "Internet Explorer.{871C5380-42A0-1069-A2EA-08002B30309D}"
> within the "Unused Desktop Shortcuts" folder without that right click option.
> I can't find an IE7 icon anywhere in the system that accomodates a right
> click. (I have always launched IE7 with a button on my keyboard.) Is there
> any way to get the IE7 icon back out of the "Unused Desktop Shortcut" folder
> or recreate a new icon with that right click option??

williamtell

RE: P.S.
Suggestion, right click and drag it back to your desktop, also try this for
no add ons,
Start>accessories>system tools>internet explorer (no add ons)

good luck
--
WT

"Page" wrote:

> Should have added I'm running XP Professional with SP2
>
> "Page" wrote:
>
> > Delta.com booking disconnects from Internet. Suggested fix is disable add-ins
> > by right clicking IE7 icon and "launch without add-ins".
> >
> > However, I previously ran desktop cleanup wizard and it put IE7 in a
> > "folder" called "Internet Explorer.{871C5380-42A0-1069-A2EA-08002B30309D}"
> > within the "Unused Desktop Shortcuts" folder without that right click option.
> > I can't find an IE7 icon anywhere in the system that accomodates a right
> > click. (I have always launched IE7 with a button on my keyboard.) Is there
> > any way to get the IE7 icon back out of the "Unused Desktop Shortcut" folder
> > or recreate a new icon with that right click option??

Page

RE: P.S.
By golly - the drag worked perfectly! Morphed back into an icon! Thank you,
williamtell :-)

"williamtell" wrote:

> Suggestion, right click and drag it back to your desktop, also try this for
> no add ons,
> Start>accessories>system tools>internet explorer (no add ons)
>
> good luck
> --
> WT
>

> "Page" wrote:
>
> > Should have added I'm running XP Professional with SP2
> >
> > "Page" wrote:
> >
> > > Delta.com booking disconnects from Internet. Suggested fix is disable add-ins
> > > by right clicking IE7 icon and "launch without add-ins".
> > >
> > > However, I previously ran desktop cleanup wizard and it put IE7 in a
> > > "folder" called "Internet Explorer.{871C5380-42A0-1069-A2EA-08002B30309D}"
> > > within the "Unused Desktop Shortcuts" folder without that right click option.
> > > I can't find an IE7 icon anywhere in the system that accomodates a right
> > > click. (I have always launched IE7 with a button on my keyboard.) Is there
> > > any way to get the IE7 icon back out of the "Unused Desktop Shortcut" folder
> > > or recreate a new icon with that right click option??

williamtell

RE: P.S.
You are welcome.
--
WT

"Page" wrote:

> By golly - the drag worked perfectly! Morphed back into an icon! Thank you,
> williamtell :-)
>
> "williamtell" wrote:
>
> > Suggestion, right click and drag it back to your desktop, also try this for
> > no add ons,
> > Start>accessories>system tools>internet explorer (no add ons)
> >
> > good luck
> > --
> > WT
> >

> > "Page" wrote:
> >
> > > Should have added I'm running XP Professional with SP2

Re: P.S.
See...

The Internet Explorer check box disappears from the Desktop Items dialog box
after you install the QFE version of security update MS07-061 on a Windows
XP Service Pack 2-based computer:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945402/
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/