Internet Explorer 7 Always Crashes/ 7 was forced on me

flamestar

Internet Explorer 7 Always Crashes/ 7 was forced on me
I didn't want Internet Explorer 7 but it was forced on me. I would revert
back to 6 but microsoft kept replacing 6 went ever my back was turned. The
problem is it crashes constantly. Usually when I close a tab but it happens
almost every time I use it.

I have never gotten any help here and I don't expect any I just want to
voice my complain at having 7 downloaded against my will and the fact that 7
is much much worse then 6.

In the last few years Microsoft has gone way down hill.
Anil

RE: Internet Explorer 7 Always Crashes/ 7 was forced on me

"flamestar" wrote:

> I didn't want Internet Explorer 7 but it was forced on me. I would revert
> back to 6 but microsoft kept replacing 6 went ever my back was turned. The
> problem is it crashes constantly. Usually when I close a tab but it happens
> almost every time I use it.
>
> I have never gotten any help here and I don't expect any I just want to
> voice my complain at having 7 downloaded against my will and the fact that 7
> is much much worse then 6.
>

> In the last few years Microsoft has gone way down hill.

I have exactly the same problem with Internet explorer 7. I just changed by
computor which came preinstalled with Vista Home premium and IE7. The
internet explorer constantly hangs or crashes. it is very frustating. Then I
downloaded Firedox which is working perfectly fine without any problems. But
the explorer 7 problems continues.

Can anyone help to resolve problem woth IE7 ?
Leonard Grey

Re: Internet Explorer 7 Always Crashes/ 7 was forced on me
It is clear from your post that you are the cause of your problems.

1- IE 7 was never forced on anyone. A web search would have told you
everything you needed to know about how IE 7 is delivered and how to
avoid installing it if you don't want it. For example:

"Internet Explorer 7 is being delivered through Automatic Updates"
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/u.../bb226738.aspx

2- Another web search, or a search of this newsgroup - where the same
question is asked endlessly - would have provided all the information
you needed to install IE 7 correctly and fix problems should they occur.
For example:

There's really no excuse for not preparing properly. The same is true if
you use Linux or Leopard, or Firefox or Opera.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

"A Day in the Life of a Web 2.0 Hacker" - PC Magazine

flamestar wrote:
> I didn't want Internet Explorer 7 but it was forced on me. I would revert
> back to 6 but microsoft kept replacing 6 went ever my back was turned. The
> problem is it crashes constantly. Usually when I close a tab but it happens
> almost every time I use it.
>
> I have never gotten any help here and I don't expect any I just want to
> voice my complain at having 7 downloaded against my will and the fact that 7
> is much much worse then 6.
>

> In the last few years Microsoft has gone way down hill.

Re: Internet Explorer 7 Always Crashes/ 7 was forced on me
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
posting to this newsgroup, please.

If you're running WinXP SP2/SP3, you had to approve the installation of IE7:
If you didn't want to (re)install it, why did you approve the EULA?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/