Session/cookie problems

SharkD

Session/cookie problems
Recently I have been having problems with certain forums where I
either can't log in or can't post and receive errors saying my session
has timed out. I also recently have started to receive messages from
Internet Explorer asking me whether I want to enable Intranet (whatver
that means). I'm not sure whether the two are related, but I thought
I'd better mention it. I think all this occured following a recent
Microsoft Update.

Another thing I recently did was disable startup of the Just In Time
debugger via msconfig. However, I was already receiving the above
errors before I did this.

It only affects some sites, and I'm not having any problems in
Firefox.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

-Mike
SharkD

Re: Session/cookie problems
On Sep 25, 7:57*pm, SharkD <mikh2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Recently I have been having problems with certain forums where I
> either can't log in or can't post and receive errors saying my session
> has timed out. I also recently have started to receive messages from
> Internet Explorer asking me whether I want to enable Intranet (whatver
> that means). I'm not sure whether the two are related, but I thought
> I'd better mention it. I think all this occured following a recent
> Microsoft Update.
>
> Another thing I recently did was disable startup of the Just In Time
> debugger via msconfig. However, I was already receiving the above
> errors before I did this.
>
> It only affects some sites, and I'm not having any problems in
> Firefox.
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Mike

I forgot to mention which version/operating system I am running:

IE7 on Windows XP Home

Thanks.
SharkD

Re: Session/cookie problems
On Sep 25, 10:54*pm, SharkD <mikh2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 25, 7:57*pm,SharkD<mikh2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Recently I have been having problems with certain forums where I
> > either can't log in or can't post and receive errors saying my session
> > has timed out. I also recently have started to receive messages from
> > Internet Explorer asking me whether I want to enable Intranet (whatver
> > that means). I'm not sure whether the two are related, but I thought
> > I'd better mention it. I think all this occured following a recent
> > Microsoft Update.

> > Another thing I recently did was disable startup of the Just In Time
> > debugger via msconfig. However, I was already receiving the above
> > errors before I did this.

> > It only affects some sites, and I'm not having any problems in
> > Firefox.

> > Does anyone know how to fix this?

> > Thanks!

> > -Mike

> I forgot to mention which version/operating system I am running:
>
> IE7 on Windows XP Home
>
> Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

The problem ended up being the Google Web Accelerator. Disabling it
fixed all the problems.

http://www.masternewmedia.org/news/2...r_problems.htm

-Mike