Re: debug script errors

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: debug script errors
(cross-post added to IE General)
"RB" <NoMail@NoSpam> wrote in message
news:gbg9t102dc6@news4.newsguy.com...
> I'm using MSIexplorer v6.x browser and I keep getting script
> debugging errors on line ...... at certain websites.

> I have set my security to Default, and disabled Script debugging,
> but I still keep getting them.

That's the right approach but you are dealing with security/obscurity
so it can be extremely difficult diagnosing a cause. Usually (fortunately)
such symptoms can be ignored because they make no difference functionally
for the user.

> Any ideas on how to fix this?

Try using ProcMon to look for clues. Another approach would be
to use a script debugger and get a better view of the symptom from it.
IE8b2 makes such a diagnosis more available but still tedious to do.

BTW the ie6.setup newsgroup is not a good choice for getting
help with such a problem. Cross-posting to IE General.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Re: debug script errors
>> I have set my security to Default, and disabled Script debugging,
>> but I still keep getting them.

IE Tools | Internet Options | Advanced | Browsing | Display a nontification
about every script error (uncheck/disable)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Robert Aldwinckle wrote:
> (cross-post added to IE General)
> "RB" <NoMail@NoSpam> wrote in message
>> I'm using MSIexplorer v6.x browser and I keep getting script
>> debugging errors on line ...... at certain websites.

>> I have set my security to Default, and disabled Script debugging,
>> but I still keep getting them.

> That's the right approach but you are dealing with security/obscurity
> so it can be extremely difficult diagnosing a cause. Usually
> (fortunately)
> such symptoms can be ignored because they make no difference functionally
> for the user.
>

>> Any ideas on how to fix this?

> Try using ProcMon to look for clues. Another approach would be
> to use a script debugger and get a better view of the symptom from it.
> IE8b2 makes such a diagnosis more available but still tedious to do.
>
> BTW the ie6.setup newsgroup is not a good choice for getting
> help with such a problem. Cross-posting to IE General.
>

> Good luck
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---

SharkD

Re: debug script errors
On Sep 25, 7:33*pm, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I have set my security to Default, and disabled Script debugging,
> >> but I still keep getting them.

> IE Tools | Internet Options | Advanced | Browsing | Display a nontification
> about every script error (uncheck/disable)
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Adminhttp://aumha.net
> DTS-Lhttp://dts-l.net/
>

> Robert Aldwinckle wrote:
> > (cross-post added to IE General)
> > "RB" <NoMail@NoSpam> wrote in message
> >> I'm using MSIexplorer v6.x browser and I keep getting script
> >> debugging errors on line ...... *at certain websites.

> >> I have set my security to Default, and disabled Script debugging,
> >> but I still keep getting them.

> > That's the right approach but you are dealing with security/obscurity
> > so it can be extremely difficult diagnosing a cause. * Usually
> > (fortunately)
> > such symptoms can be ignored because they make no difference functionally
> > for the user.

> >> Any ideas on how to fix this?

> > Try using *ProcMon *to look for clues. * Another approach would be
> > to use a script debugger and get a better view of the symptom from it.
> > IE8b2 makes such a diagnosis more available but still tedious to do.

> > BTW the *ie6.setup *newsgroup is not a good choice for getting
> > help with such a problem. * Cross-posting to IE General.

> > Good luck

> > Robert Aldwinckle

I was recently having a similar problem in IE7. Disabling all the
script-related functions in Internet Options did not help. I had to
disable the process for the Just in Tim debugger (can't remember the
actual process name--I think it started with an "m") in msconfig.

-Mike
ju.c

Re: debug script errors
"INTERNET EXPLORER SCRIPT ERROR"
"AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED IN THE SCRIPT ON THIS PAGE"

1. Open the Run box and, one at a time, enter:

regsvr32 jscript.dll
regsvr32 mshtml.dll
regsvr32 ole32.dll
regsvr32 urlmon.dll
regsvr32 vbscript.dll

2. In IE, open 'Tools->Internet Options' and set
these options as shown:

Check these two:
Disable Script Debugging (Internet Explorer)
Disable Script Debugging (Other)

Uncheck this one:
Display a notification about every script error

ju.c