IE7 User ID and Passwod retention problem

Boblink

IE7 User ID and Passwod retention problem
Hi, I did not see a IE7.0 thread so I'm POSTING this note here to request
help for a problem with a Vista system with both IE7.0 and Mozilla
installed.
When I use the Mozilla browser, the UserID and Password information are
saved but when I use IE7.0, I am asked for the User ID and Password even
though I checked Remember User ID and Password.
I believe that Tools---Internet Options have been configured properly but
obviously something is is incorrectly and would appreciate help.
Specifically, what do I need to do to for IE7 to "remember" my UserID and
Passwords information?
Thanks,
Bob

Re: IE7 User ID and Passwod retention problem
Is this Vista or Vista SP1?

IE Tools | Internet Options | Content | AutoComplete | Settings | Username
and passwords... (checked)?; Prompt me to save passwords (checked)?

IE Tools | Internet Options | Privacy | Sites | type in

[domain; e.g., yahoo.com]

and Allow cookies for the domain.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Boblink wrote:
> Hi, I did not see a IE7.0 thread so I'm POSTING this note here to request
> help for a problem with a Vista system with both IE7.0 and Mozilla
> installed.
> When I use the Mozilla browser, the UserID and Password information are
> saved but when I use IE7.0, I am asked for the User ID and Password even
> though I checked Remember User ID and Password.
> I believe that Tools---Internet Options have been configured properly but
> obviously something is is incorrectly and would appreciate help.
> Specifically, what do I need to do to for IE7 to "remember" my UserID and
> Passwords information?
> Thanks,
> Bob

Boblink

IE7 User ID and Passwod retention problem

Sorry for not be more specific Bear, it's Vista Home Premium with SP1

BobJam

Re: IE7 User ID and Passwod retention problem
XP SP2.

I have always thought that keeping a user ID and Password maintained in IE
is inherently insecure. Or is it encrypted (which still wouldn't make it
100% secure . . . I don't think there is such a thing . . . but at least
encryption is better than none).

You're a security kinda' guy, PA Bear, so waddya think??

> Is this Vista or Vista SP1?
>
> IE Tools | Internet Options | Content | AutoComplete | Settings | Username
> and passwords... (checked)?; Prompt me to save passwords (checked)?
>
> IE Tools | Internet Options | Privacy | Sites | type in
>
> [domain; e.g., yahoo.com]
>
> and Allow cookies for the domain.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Boblink wrote:
>> Hi, I did not see a IE7.0 thread so I'm POSTING this note here to request
>> help for a problem with a Vista system with both IE7.0 and Mozilla
>> installed.
>> When I use the Mozilla browser, the UserID and Password information are
>> saved but when I use IE7.0, I am asked for the User ID and Password even
>> though I checked Remember User ID and Password.
>> I believe that Tools---Internet Options have been configured properly but
>> obviously something is is incorrectly and would appreciate help.
>> Specifically, what do I need to do to for IE7 to "remember" my UserID and
>> Passwords information?
>> Thanks,
>> Bob

Re: IE7 User ID and Passwod retention problem
To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you include all of previous
message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup. Thank you.

Boblink wrote:
> Sorry for not be more specific Bear, it's Vista Home Premium with SP1

Re: IE7 User ID and Passwod retention problem
Are you Boblink (who didn't ask about security or encryption)?

BobJam wrote:
> XP SP2.
>
> I have always thought that keeping a user ID and Password maintained in IE
> is inherently insecure. Or is it encrypted (which still wouldn't make it
> 100% secure . . . I don't think there is such a thing . . . but at least
> encryption is better than none).
>
> You're a security kinda' guy, PA Bear, so waddya think??
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Is this Vista or Vista SP1?
>>
>> IE Tools | Internet Options | Content | AutoComplete | Settings |
>> Username
>> and passwords... (checked)?; Prompt me to save passwords (checked)?
>>
>> IE Tools | Internet Options | Privacy | Sites | type in
>>
>> [domain; e.g., yahoo.com]
>>
>> and Allow cookies for the domain.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Boblink wrote:
>>> Hi, I did not see a IE7.0 thread so I'm POSTING this note here to
>>> request
>>> help for a problem with a Vista system with both IE7.0 and Mozilla
>>> installed.
>>> When I use the Mozilla browser, the UserID and Password information are
>>> saved but when I use IE7.0, I am asked for the User ID and Password
>>> even
>>> though I checked Remember User ID and Password.
>>> I believe that Tools---Internet Options have been configured properly
>>> but
>>> obviously something is is incorrectly and would appreciate help.
>>> Specifically, what do I need to do to for IE7 to "remember" my UserID
>>> and
>>> Passwords information?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Bob

BobJam

Re: IE7 User ID and Passwod retention problem
Huh??? I'm confused. My screen name is BobJam, and I asked you about
security and encryption.

> Are you Boblink (who didn't ask about security or encryption)?
>
> BobJam wrote:
>> XP SP2.
>>
>> I have always thought that keeping a user ID and Password maintained in
>> IE
>> is inherently insecure. Or is it encrypted (which still wouldn't make it
>> 100% secure . . . I don't think there is such a thing . . . but at least
>> encryption is better than none).
>>
>> You're a security kinda' guy, PA Bear, so waddya think??
>>
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>> Is this Vista or Vista SP1?
>>>
>>> IE Tools | Internet Options | Content | AutoComplete | Settings |
>>> Username
>>> and passwords... (checked)?; Prompt me to save passwords (checked)?
>>>
>>> IE Tools | Internet Options | Privacy | Sites | type in
>>>
>>> [domain; e.g., yahoo.com]
>>>
>>> and Allow cookies for the domain.
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Boblink

Clear the confusion
Hi Bear, this is Boblink, I POSTED the original note (request) and would
still appreciate help with MY request concerning UserID and Password with
IE7.0.
I believe that the other notes that were added to the tread were a request
to leave the complete thread intact when replying and the request for
assessment of how secure is it to store UserIDs and Passwords.
Again, MY original request on this thread (that still is outstanding), is
help with UserID and Passsword that are NOT be retained by IE7 (but ARE being
retained when I use Mozilla).
Thanks Bear,
Bob

> Huh??? I'm confused. My screen name is BobJam, and I asked you about
> security and encryption.

> > Are you Boblink (who didn't ask about security or encryption)?
> >
> > BobJam wrote:
> >> XP SP2.
> >>
> >> I have always thought that keeping a user ID and Password maintained in
> >> IE
> >> is inherently insecure. Or is it encrypted (which still wouldn't make it
> >> 100% secure . . . I don't think there is such a thing . . . but at least
> >> encryption is better than none).
> >>
> >> You're a security kinda' guy, PA Bear, so waddya think??

Re: IE7 User ID and Passwod retention problem
Please begin a new thread to ask your questions, BobJam. Thanks.

BobJam wrote:
> Huh??? I'm confused. My screen name is BobJam, and I asked you about
> security and encryption.

>> Are you Boblink (who didn't ask about security or encryption)?
>>
>> BobJam wrote:
>>> XP SP2.
>>>
>>> I have always thought that keeping a user ID and Password maintained in
>>> IE
>>> is inherently insecure. Or is it encrypted (which still wouldn't make
>>> it
>>> 100% secure . . . I don't think there is such a thing . . . but at least
>>> encryption is better than none).
>>>
>>> You're a security kinda' guy, PA Bear, so waddya think??

Re: Clear the confusion
@Boblink only:

1. Please don't change the subject in your replies to a thread.

2. You may have missed everything in my first reply to your thread:

Since you hadn't replied to it, other than to state your full Windows
version, I assumed the problem had been resolved.