IE 7 Save page question

JoeP

IE 7 Save page question
Hi All,

If I have a page as it is loaded as a separate window from another page.
How can I save it as an MHT file while the save options are not available
from that page only.

Thanks,

Joe

Re: IE 7 Save page question
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
posting to this newsgroup, please.

How is the page in the separate window related to the page in the other
window? Are both pages from a website or are they local pages (i.e., on a
network)?

JoeP wrote:
> If I have a page as it is loaded as a separate window from another page.
> How can I save it as an MHT file while the save options are not available
> from that page only.

JoeP

Re: IE 7 Save page question
Hi PA,

Thanks for your reply.

It is Vista Utltimate 64 bits SP1.

The page is coming from a different domain name (remote location) and it has
a link which brings another page. That page is loaded as an independent
window. But in this page it does not have all the options that are available
as a default. Doing a right click from that page I can save it as a pdf but
I really need that page to be saved as MHT format.

I hope there is away around it.

Thanks,

Joe

Re: IE 7 Save page question
[To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you include all of previous
message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup. Thank you.]

>> How can I save it as an MHT file while the save options are not available
>> from that page only.

Need further clarification: Is File | Save As not available at all or is it
available but without the MHT option?

You're posting here from a machine running WinXP SP3: Do you see the same
behavior on that machine?

On the Vista machine:

Are you logged-in as Administrator? Is the second page opened in a new
window or tab? In which Security zone is each page running? If each is
opened in a new window, are they IE 64-bit windows, 32-bit windows, or a
combination? Does this behavior persist if the IE window (or windows) have
been opened in No Add-ons mode? Do you see the same behavior if UAC and
Protected Mode is disabled?

JoeP wrote:
> It is Vista Utltimate 64 bits SP1.
>
> The page is coming from a different domain name (remote location) and it
> has
> a link which brings another page. That page is loaded as an independent
> window. But in this page it does not have all the options that are
> available
> as a default. Doing a right click from that page I can save it as a pdf
> but
> I really need that page to be saved as MHT format.

<paste>
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> posting to this newsgroup, please.
>
> How is the page in the separate window related to the page in the other
> window? Are both pages from a website or are they local pages (i.e., on a
> network)?
>
> JoeP wrote:
>> If I have a page as it is loaded as a separate window from another page.
>> How can I save it as an MHT file while the save options are not available
>> from that page only.

JoeP

Re: IE 7 Save page question
Hi PA,

Thanks for your reply.
OK please click on this link http://www.intelius.com/background-verification.html and then on the left side under the Current/Previus Address click the View Sample Report link. I guess picture worth 1000 words<s>.

In that sample report page, can you save it as MHT format? Yes I am logged as admin and in both OS I can not save the page as MHT. Both OS have Internet Explorer 7. Windows XP SP3 is 32 bits.

Thanks,

Joe

Donald Anadell

Re: IE 7 Save page question

"JoeP" <NoSpam@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
Hi PA,

>Thanks for your reply.
>OK please click on this link
>http://www.intelius.com/background-verification.html and then on the left
>side under the Current/Previus Address click the View Sample >Report link.
>I guess picture worth 1000 words<s>.

>In that sample report page, can you save it as MHT format?

Yes, but you will have to take a rather circuitous route to get the job
done.

Since that window you refer to(when clicking on View Sample Report) is
generated by a Javascript that defines the Window with no Menu Bar and no
Tool Bars to be shown, there's no way to save it directly from that window
as a .mht file. Insead, try this:

1. Right click in that window and choose View Source.
2. Save the Source code to your desktop as "test.html".
3. Now open up "test.html" from you desktop with IE7 and allow it to fully
load.
4. Now you should be able to save it as a .mht file from within IE7

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

>Yes I am logged as admin and in both OS I can not save the page as MHT.
>Both OS have Internet Explorer 7. Windows XP SP3 is 32 bits.

Thanks,

Joe

JoeP

Re: IE 7 Save page question
Hi Donald ,

Your suggestion worked just fine.

Thanks,

Joe

> Since that window you refer to(when clicking on View Sample Report) is
> generated by a Javascript that defines the Window with no Menu Bar and no
> Tool Bars to be shown, there's no way to save it directly from that window
> as a .mht file. Insead, try this:
>
> 1. Right click in that window and choose View Source.
> 2. Save the Source code to your desktop as "test.html".
> 3. Now open up "test.html" from you desktop with IE7 and allow it to
> fully load.
> 4. Now you should be able to save it as a .mht file from within IE7
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell

JoeP

Re: IE 7 Save page question
Hi PA,

The Link I sent provided 100% of all answers needed. Donald provided me the answer I needed. See below his reply.

Regards,

Joe