possible suggestion for IE ... ?

Dave Horne

possible suggestion for IE ... ?
It would be great if we could have the option to have x number of windows
opened in IE upon opening. When I open IE there is always just one instance
of IE running. I usually go to two of three sites when I first open IE and
it would be great if that were an option - having, say, two or three
instances of IE opened, ready and waiting.

Just a thought. Thanks, DH

BTW, I had the IE8 beta 2 installed but removed it because of visual
problems with McAfee. I'm running IE7 and will install IE8 when it is out
of beta.

Daniel Crichton

Re: possible suggestion for IE ... ?
Dave wrote on Thu, 25 Sep 2008 10:52:03 +0200:

> It would be great if we could have the option to have x number of
> windows opened in IE upon opening. When I open IE there is always
> just one instance of IE running. I usually go to two of three sites
> when I first open IE and it would be great if that were an option -
> having, say, two or three instances of IE opened, ready and waiting.

> Just a thought. Thanks, DH

Why not use tabs? You can set multiple home pages, and when you open IE it
will load each of them into a tab within the one IE instance.

--
Dan

Leonard Grey

Re: possible suggestion for IE ... ?
Look in the Help menu for Tab Groups.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

"A Day in the Life of a Web 2.0 Hacker" - PC Magazine

Dave Horne wrote:
> It would be great if we could have the option to have x number of
> windows opened in IE upon opening. When I open IE there is always just
> one instance of IE running. I usually go to two of three sites when I
> first open IE and it would be great if that were an option - having,
> say, two or three instances of IE opened, ready and waiting.
>
> Just a thought. Thanks, DH
>
> BTW, I had the IE8 beta 2 installed but removed it because of visual
> problems with McAfee. I'm running IE7 and will install IE8 when it is
> out of beta.

Dave Horne

Re: possible suggestion for IE ... ?
I simply added 'about:blank' on three separate lines in Tools \ Internet
Options \ Home Page ... couldn't have been easier.