IE7 missing????????

irishgodfather

IE7 missing????????
My next door neighbor has a computer running Vista home premium.
All of a sudden IE 7 doesn't seem to be there any more.
It's not listed in the system at all.
He has no idea what he did.
He did a search for it and couldn't find it.
How can he get it back?
He has FireFox now but wants IE 7 too.
Thanks Bill
nass

RE: IE7 missing????????

"irishgodfather" wrote:

> My next door neighbor has a computer running Vista home premium.
> All of a sudden IE 7 doesn't seem to be there any more.
> It's not listed in the system at all.
> He has no idea what he did.
> He did a search for it and couldn't find it.
> How can he get it back?
> He has FireFox now but wants IE 7 too.
> Thanks Bill

It may be gone for a wlak 0
Try system Restore to an earlier date before the IE7 went missing!

What is System Restore?
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...e79e51033.mspx

How to use System Restore to log on to Windows Vista when you lose access to
an account
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940765

irishgodfather

RE: IE7 missing????????

"nass" wrote:

> "irishgodfather" wrote:
>
> > My next door neighbor has a computer running Vista home premium.
> > All of a sudden IE 7 doesn't seem to be there any more.
> > It's not listed in the system at all.
> > He has no idea what he did.
> > He did a search for it and couldn't find it.
> > How can he get it back?
> > He has FireFox now but wants IE 7 too.
> > Thanks Bill

> It may be gone for a wlak 0
> Try system Restore to an earlier date before the IE7 went missing!
>
> What is System Restore?
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...e79e51033.mspx
>
> How to use System Restore to log on to Windows Vista when you lose access to
> an account
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940765

No help there.
It's been way to long and that restore point is long gone.
nass

RE: IE7 missing????????

"irishgodfather" wrote:

> "nass" wrote:
>

> > "irishgodfather" wrote:
> >
> > > My next door neighbor has a computer running Vista home premium.
> > > All of a sudden IE 7 doesn't seem to be there any more.
> > > It's not listed in the system at all.
> > > He has no idea what he did.
> > > He did a search for it and couldn't find it.
> > > How can he get it back?
> > > He has FireFox now but wants IE 7 too.
> > > Thanks Bill

> > It may be gone for a wlak 0
> > Try system Restore to an earlier date before the IE7 went missing!
> >
> > What is System Restore?
> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...e79e51033.mspx
> >
> > How to use System Restore to log on to Windows Vista when you lose access to
> > an account
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940765
> >

> No help there.
> It's been way to long and that restore point is long gone.

Then He/She can download the IE7 and see if that installation process will
detect the Old directory for the IE7!
Does the user log with admin Privileges or limited user?

Leonard Grey

Re: IE7 missing????????
Have your neighbor navigate to this file and double-click it:

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

"A Day in the Life of a Web 2.0 Hacker" - PC Magazine

"nass" wrote:

> "irishgodfather" wrote:

> > > It may be gone for a wlak 0
> > > Try system Restore to an earlier date before the IE7 went missing!
> > >
> > > What is System Restore?
> > > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...e79e51033.mspx
> > >
> > > How to use System Restore to log on to Windows Vista when you lose access to
> > > an account
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940765
> > >

> > No help there.
> > It's been way to long and that restore point is long gone.

> Then He/She can download the IE7 and see if that installation process will
> detect the Old directory for the IE7!
> Does the user log with admin Privileges or limited user?

Ok will try thay,
The user is the admin.
Thankd.
Bill