IE7 Address Bar

LoughtonLion

IE7 Address Bar
Hi All. Just reloaded XP professional SP3 on a new hard disk on my PC, with
IE7. In IE7 on the old hard disk and also on my laptop, when I typed part
of the Web Address of a site in the address bar, for example "Microsoft" or
"Facebook" or "BBC", it would automatically fill out the remainder of the
address and take me to the site. On the new installation however, it brings
up Google search results for the word I typed. Any idea how I can configure
the new installation the same as the old?

Many thanks
Steve
williamtell

RE: IE7 Address Bar
Suggestion, top right corner under the red X, you will see a drop down arrow,
click it, bottom of menu click Change Search Defaults.

Good luck
--
WT

"LoughtonLion" wrote:

> Hi All. Just reloaded XP professional SP3 on a new hard disk on my PC, with
> IE7. In IE7 on the old hard disk and also on my laptop, when I typed part
> of the Web Address of a site in the address bar, for example "Microsoft" or
> "Facebook" or "BBC", it would automatically fill out the remainder of the
> address and take me to the site. On the new installation however, it brings
> up Google search results for the word I typed. Any idea how I can configure
> the new installation the same as the old?
>
> Many thanks
> Steve

Re: IE7 Address Bar
1. IE Tools | Internet Options | Content | Autocomplete | Settings | Use
AutoComplete for | Web addresses (check/enable this option).

> ...Just reloaded XP professional SP3 on a new hard disk on my PC, with
> IE7.

2. Do Resolution Method 2 in this KB article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144 (just trust me).

3. Go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com | Install any Windows
Update-related software required, if prompted, then click on CONTINUE |
Select CUSTOM and scan | Install any critical security updates offered. If
a Root Certificates update is offered in the Optional Software Updates
category, install it to take full advantage of IE7's enhanced security.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/