RE: Pop ups in IE 7

magiclace

RE: Pop ups in IE 7
Since I can't seem to start a new thread, I thought I'd just reply. I keep
getting those stupid Advertising popus in IE7 and have NO idea why. Can
anyone help me with this?? Thanks in advance.

"dmb1992" wrote:

> I downloaded IE 7 beta 2 and it worked fine for a while until it started
> making all the popups appear for a second then dissapear
> can anyone helpo, its really annoying having a little popup as a whole new tab

Leonard Grey

Re: Pop ups in IE 7
Use a newsreader to follow a newsgroup, instead of a web interface, and
you'll have no trouble starting a new thread.

"Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader"
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm

"Accessing Newsgroups With Windows Mail"
http://vistasupport.mvps.org/accessi...ndows_mail.htm

As for your question: Remove the adware that has infected your computer.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

"A Day in the Life of a Web 2.0 Hacker" - PC Magazine

magiclace wrote:
> Since I can't seem to start a new thread, I thought I'd just reply. I keep
> getting those stupid Advertising popus in IE7 and have NO idea why. Can
> anyone help me with this?? Thanks in advance.
>
> "dmb1992" wrote:
>
>> I downloaded IE 7 beta 2 and it worked fine for a while until it started
>> making all the popups appear for a second then dissapear
>> can anyone helpo, its really annoying having a little popup as a whole new tab

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: Pop ups in IE 7
"magiclace" <magiclace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Since I can't seem to start a new thread, I thought I'd just reply. I
> keep
> getting those stupid Advertising popus in IE7 and have NO idea why. Can
> anyone help me with this?? Thanks in advance.
>
> "dmb1992" wrote:
>
>> I downloaded IE 7 beta 2 and it worked fine for a while until it started
>> making all the popups appear for a second then dissapear
>> can anyone helpo, its really annoying having a little popup as a whole
>> new tab

Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these
Web pages.
Help with malware:
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince
you that you owe it to the author. See also:
of.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Pop ups in IE 7
"magiclace" <magiclace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Since I can't seem to start a new thread, I thought I'd just reply.

> I keep getting those stupid Advertising popus in IE7 and have NO idea why.

> Can anyone help me with this?? Thanks in advance.

One explanation for your (vague) symptoms would be that you have popup blockers active
and are misinterpreting messages about blocking the apparent popups which replies from
the web interface that you are using are implemented by.

Try disabling all popup stoppers?

---