Disappointed by Toolbars in IE 7

Wigz

Disappointed by Toolbars in IE 7
Hey. Finding it really hard to get IE 7 to look and act how i want.
(STANDARD TOOLBARS IN PARTICULAR).
IE 6 allowed me to adjust size location, number of buttons and lines where
buttons were placed etc. very well.
(NOT TALKING ABOUT DISABLING TABS)
Understand that new layout has something to do with compatability W3C ?
something or other but can't understand why users have been given no option
to decide for themselves.

Has anyone managed to get the standard toolbars to move or do I have to go
back to IE6??
Leonard Grey

Re: Disappointed by Toolbars in IE 7
The IE 7 interface is certainly less configurable than the IE 6
interface. I do not know why. (Nobody in this group works for or speaks
for Microsoft.)

If moving around toolbars is more important to you than significantly
improved security, I really have nothing more to say to you.

Except this: Don't go back to an insecure browser (IE 6). Better to use
the current release of a different browser (Opera, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

"A Day in the Life of a Web 2.0 Hacker" - PC Magazine

Wigz wrote:
> Hey. Finding it really hard to get IE 7 to look and act how i want.
> (STANDARD TOOLBARS IN PARTICULAR).
> IE 6 allowed me to adjust size location, number of buttons and lines where
> buttons were placed etc. very well.
> (NOT TALKING ABOUT DISABLING TABS)
> Understand that new layout has something to do with compatability W3C ?
> something or other but can't understand why users have been given no option
> to decide for themselves.
>
> Has anyone managed to get the standard toolbars to move or do I have to go
> back to IE6??

rob^_^

Re: Disappointed by Toolbars in IE 7
Hi,

Google Toolbar layout hijack. Download the registry fix here -
http://iecustomizer.com/?url=Disable...HODownload.asp

Or download the Google Toolbar v5 beta from toolbar.google.com

Regards.

"Wigz" <Wigz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey. Finding it really hard to get IE 7 to look and act how i want.
> (STANDARD TOOLBARS IN PARTICULAR).
> IE 6 allowed me to adjust size location, number of buttons and lines where
> buttons were placed etc. very well.
> (NOT TALKING ABOUT DISABLING TABS)
> Understand that new layout has something to do with compatability W3C ?
> something or other but can't understand why users have been given no
> option
> to decide for themselves.
>
> Has anyone managed to get the standard toolbars to move or do I have to go
> back to IE6??

LGee

"Wigz" wrote:

> Hey. Finding it really hard to get IE 7 to look and act how i want.
> (STANDARD TOOLBARS IN PARTICULAR).
> IE 6 allowed me to adjust size location, number of buttons and lines where
> buttons were placed etc. very well.
> (NOT TALKING ABOUT DISABLING TABS)
> Understand that new layout has something to do with compatability W3C ?
> something or other but can't understand why users have been given no option
> to decide for themselves.
>
> Has anyone managed to get the standard toolbars to move or do I have to go
> back to IE6??

LGee

RE: Disappointed by Toolbars in IE 7
I agree with you. I like absolutely NOTHING about IE7. Especially what you
mentioned in your post. I did go back to IE6 and have been happy ever since.
Hopefully they will bring back the features of IE6. If not, I will swith to a
different browser all together.

"Wigz" wrote:

> Hey. Finding it really hard to get IE 7 to look and act how i want.
> (STANDARD TOOLBARS IN PARTICULAR).
> IE 6 allowed me to adjust size location, number of buttons and lines where
> buttons were placed etc. very well.
> (NOT TALKING ABOUT DISABLING TABS)
> Understand that new layout has something to do with compatability W3C ?
> something or other but can't understand why users have been given no option
> to decide for themselves.
>
> Has anyone managed to get the standard toolbars to move or do I have to go
> back to IE6??

Richard in AZ

"LGee" <LGee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I agree with you. I like absolutely NOTHING about IE7. Especially what you
| mentioned in your post. I did go back to IE6 and have been happy ever since.
| Hopefully they will bring back the features of IE6. If not, I will swith to a
| different browser all together.
|
| "Wigz" wrote:
|
| > Hey. Finding it really hard to get IE 7 to look and act how i want.
| > (STANDARD TOOLBARS IN PARTICULAR).
| > IE 6 allowed me to adjust size location, number of buttons and lines where
| > buttons were placed etc. very well.
| > (NOT TALKING ABOUT DISABLING TABS)
| > Understand that new layout has something to do with compatability W3C ?
| > something or other but can't understand why users have been given no option
| > to decide for themselves.
| >
| > Has anyone managed to get the standard toolbars to move or do I have to go
| > back to IE6??

If you don't like IE7, don't use it.
But whining about it won't help.

bobster

Re: Disappointed by Toolbars in IE 7
By moving the menu bar back to the top (google on how to do it) and
downloading the quero toolbar (www.quero.at) you can make IE7 more versatile
and user friendly than IE6 and still have tabbed browsing. I've been using
it for 6 trouble-free months and would never go back to IE6 or bare IE7.
And BTW, most pages load in a few seconds -- most almost instantaneously
(got lotsa ram and a fast dual processor).

I also have tried Opera, FF, Maxthon, Avant and several others and have
always returned to my IE7/Quero configuration. Works great for me. YMMV.
Easy to uninstall if you don't like it.