IE 7 and New window instead of frame

Janet

IE 7 and New window instead of frame
I'm running IE7 on WindowsXP - a colleague the same. On a website that is
included as a trusted site on both machines, different events happen. When a
button is clicked in a frameset, an entirely new window pops up. But on the
other machine, the button behavior opens the document within the frameset.
We want the latter.

I've compared every setting on the advanced Internet Options tab.
I've compared every setting on the custom Trusted Sites tab.

Any help, anyone?

Thanks.
rob^_^

Re: IE 7 and New window instead of frame
Hi Janet,

This will be you popup blocker settings.

Regards.

"Janet" <Janet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm running IE7 on WindowsXP - a colleague the same. On a website that is
> included as a trusted site on both machines, different events happen.
> When a
> button is clicked in a frameset, an entirely new window pops up. But on
> the
> other machine, the button behavior opens the document within the frameset.
> We want the latter.
>
> I've compared every setting on the advanced Internet Options tab.
> I've compared every setting on the custom Trusted Sites tab.
>
> Any help, anyone?
>
> Thanks.

Janet

Re: IE 7 and New window instead of frame
Rob,
Popup blocker settings are the same on both machines....
Janet

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi Janet,
>
> This will be you popup blocker settings.
>
> Regards.
>
> "Janet" <Janet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm running IE7 on WindowsXP - a colleague the same. On a website that is
> > included as a trusted site on both machines, different events happen.
> > When a
> > button is clicked in a frameset, an entirely new window pops up. But on
> > the
> > other machine, the button behavior opens the document within the frameset.
> > We want the latter.
> >
> > I've compared every setting on the advanced Internet Options tab.
> > I've compared every setting on the custom Trusted Sites tab.
> >
> > Any help, anyone?
> >
> > Thanks.

rob^_^

Re: IE 7 and New window instead of frame
Hi Janet,

Is the frameset location in the trusted zone also on both machines?

eg.

You may have a website http://microsoft.com that has an iframe in it with
content from http://mozilla.org

Only *.microsoft.com is listed in the trusted sites on one machine while the
other machine has both.

news0E45A6F-EA2F-4EBD-8911-8BED2A69BC3A@microsoft.com...
> Rob,
> Popup blocker settings are the same on both machines....
> Janet
>

> "rob^_^" wrote:
>
>> Hi Janet,
>>
>> This will be you popup blocker settings.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> "Janet" <Janet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm running IE7 on WindowsXP - a colleague the same. On a website that
>> > is
>> > included as a trusted site on both machines, different events happen.
>> > When a
>> > button is clicked in a frameset, an entirely new window pops up. But
>> > on
>> > the
>> > other machine, the button behavior opens the document within the
>> > frameset.
>> > We want the latter.
>> >
>> > I've compared every setting on the advanced Internet Options tab.
>> > I've compared every setting on the custom Trusted Sites tab.
>> >
>> > Any help, anyone?
>> >
>> > Thanks.

Janet

Re: IE 7 and New window instead of frame
Yeah, it's there - here's more information:
I've checked the IE7 versions - same.
I've checked the Internet Options Advanced tab - same.
I've checked the Internet Security Options tab - same.
I've checked the Trusted Site Options tab - same.
I've checked the Pop-up Blocker settings - same.
I've checked for Google pop-up blocker - neither.
I've checked the tabbed browser settings - same.

Any more ideas?