Internet explore not working after installing service pack

Nik

Internet explore not working after installing service pack
It keeps coming up with the message "Internet Explorer cannot display the
webpage"
I have tried all the suggestions and it is still not working, ever since I
installed the service pack 1 for vista it has stopped working. I have checked
for virases and there are none on my computer, a few cookies and adaware but
they have been dealt with. I have tried everything.
It seems to work fine in safe mode but it just does not want to work in
normal mode.
Can anyone help please?

Re: Internet explore not working after installing service pack
Error message after you install a Windows Internet Explorer 7 update from
Windows Update or from Microsoft Update: "Webpage cannot be displayed":
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942818

If tweaking your third-party firewall's settings don't help, try the
following:

1. Disable your anti-virus application, all Norton Add-ons (if any), any
real-time protection provided by an anti-spyware application (except for
Windows Defender; includes Spybot Tea Timer, SpySweeper Guards, AVG AS
guard.exe, etc.), disable any third-party firewall AND THEN enable the
Windows Firewall.

browsing; reading email; chatting) except #4 below until your anti-virus
application has been re-enabled! If you're running ZA Free firewall, you
may need to uninstall it instead of disabling it.

2. Uninstall "Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB953838)"
via Control Panel | Security | Windows Update | View installed updates and
reboot.

3. Re-do #1 above.

4. Run Windows Update manually and install any Important updates offered
(i.e., KB953838). If a Root Certificates update is listed in the Optional
Updates category, install it to take full advantage of IE7's enhanced
security.

5. Reboot > Make sure everything in #1 above is enabled again and, if
applicable, disable the Windows Firewall and enable (or reinstall) your
third-party firewall.

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/