No sound in IE

TLMPLHou66

No sound in IE
My sound is not working in Internet Explorer. I'm running XP SP2. I was on
ver 6 and upgraded to ver 7 but no luck. Sound works in the OS and Media
Player. I've replaced the sound card, updated the drivers and replaced the
speakers but no luck. It only happens in IE nothing else. I know there is a
check box to play sound in the browser in the advanced settings of IE but
changing it does not help. Any help you could lend would be greatly
appreciated.
Donald Anadell

Re: No sound in IE

"TLMPLHou66" <tmarshall@placorp.com> wrote in message
> My sound is not working in Internet Explorer. I'm running XP SP2. I was on
> ver 6 and upgraded to ver 7 but no luck. Sound works in the OS and Media
> Player. I've replaced the sound card, updated the drivers and replaced the
> speakers but no luck. It only happens in IE nothing else. I know there is
> check box to play sound in the browser in the advanced settings of IE but
> changing it does not help. Any help you could lend would be greatly
> appreciated.

Hi,

Post a link to a site where you think you should be hearing sound in IE.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

TLMPLHou66

Re: No sound in IE
youtube for one.

> youtube for one.

If it's Youtube Video files that are not playing sound for you, then you
need to redefine your problem. It's not IE that is causing this, but rather
it's the Flash Player that is the culprit.

Visit the following Adobe Flash Player troubleshooting site. Pay close
attention to "Solution 3" to see if it resolves your problem.
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...2691&sliceId=2

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> "Donald Anadell" wrote:
>

>> "TLMPLHou66" <tmarshall@placorp.com> wrote in message
>> > My sound is not working in Internet Explorer. I'm running XP SP2. I was
>> > on
>> > ver 6 and upgraded to ver 7 but no luck. Sound works in the OS and
>> > Media
>> > Player. I've replaced the sound card, updated the drivers and replaced
>> > the
>> > speakers but no luck. It only happens in IE nothing else. I know there
>> > is
>> > check box to play sound in the browser in the advanced settings of IE
>> > but
>> > changing it does not help. Any help you could lend would be greatly
>> > appreciated.

>> Hi,
>>
>> Post a link to a site where you think you should be hearing sound in IE.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell

TLMPLHou66

Re: No sound in IE
Sound does not work in Internet Explorer at all, in any web site. Flash is
already installed.

> Sound does not work in Internet Explorer at all, in any web site. Flash is
> already installed.

The Flash Player may be installed, but if the "wavemapper" entry in your
Registry is missing or pointing to the wrong devise then you won't hear
sound in Flash videos regardless of what site they are on.

Did you run the "Solution 3" video at the site I provided you, to see if you
have the correct "wavemapper" entry in your Registry?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

wavemapper = msacm32.drv

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> "Donald Anadell" wrote:
>

>> "TLMPLHou66" <tmarshall@placorp.com> wrote in message
>>
>> > youtube for one.

>> If it's Youtube Video files that are not playing sound for you, then you
>> need to redefine your problem. It's not IE that is causing this, but
>> rather
>> it's the Flash Player that is the culprit.
>>
>> Visit the following Adobe Flash Player troubleshooting site. Pay close
>> attention to "Solution 3" to see if it resolves your problem.
>> http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...2691&sliceId=2
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell

TLMPLHou66

Re: No sound in IE
I will do that today and let you know how it goes

Thanks.

"Donald Anadell" wrote:

> "TLMPLHou66" <tmarshall@placorp.com> wrote in message
>
> > Sound does not work in Internet Explorer at all, in any web site. Flash is
> > already installed.

> The Flash Player may be installed, but if the "wavemapper" entry in your
> Registry is missing or pointing to the wrong devise then you won't hear
> sound in Flash videos regardless of what site they are on.
>
> Did you run the "Solution 3" video at the site I provided you, to see if you
> have the correct "wavemapper" entry in your Registry?
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32
>
> wavemapper = msacm32.drv
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell
>

> > "Donald Anadell" wrote:
> >

> >> "TLMPLHou66" <tmarshall@placorp.com> wrote in message

> >> If it's Youtube Video files that are not playing sound for you, then you
> >> need to redefine your problem. It's not IE that is causing this, but
> >> rather
> >> it's the Flash Player that is the culprit.
> >>
> >> Visit the following Adobe Flash Player troubleshooting site. Pay close
> >> attention to "Solution 3" to see if it resolves your problem.
> >> http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...2691&sliceId=2
> >>
> >> Good luck,
> >>
> >> Donald Anadell

TLMPLHou66

Re: No sound in IE
The reg setting was correct. I uninstalled Flash but it won't allow me to
reinstall it. When I click on the install button, IE says Done in the Status
bar but it doesn't install. IE may be corrupted, how can I reinstall IE?

> The reg setting was correct. I uninstalled Flash but it won't allow me to
> reinstall it. When I click on the install button, IE says Done in the
> Status
> bar but it doesn't install. IE may be corrupted, how can I reinstall IE?

If the online Flash Player installation is failing, you might try
uninstalling and reinstalling the Flash Player Manually. To do so, follow
these steps in there order:

1. Download the Flash Player Uninstaller utility and save it to your
Desktop:
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe

2. Download the manual Flash Player Installer program from the following
Adobe link and save it to your Desktop:
http://www.macromedia.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_ie

3. Disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable any Real Time
Antivirus software running in the background.

4. Run the Flash Player Uninstaller Utility from the Desktop to completely
remove Flash from your system.

5. Run the manual Flash Player Installer program from the Desktop to
install the latest version of the Flash Player to your system.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> "TLMPLHou66" wrote:
>
>> I will do that today and let you know how it goes
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> "Donald Anadell" wrote:
>>

>> > "TLMPLHou66" <tmarshall@placorp.com> wrote in message

>> > The Flash Player may be installed, but if the "wavemapper" entry in
>> > your
>> > Registry is missing or pointing to the wrong devise then you won't hear
>> > sound in Flash videos regardless of what site they are on.
>> >
>> > Did you run the "Solution 3" video at the site I provided you, to see
>> > if you
>> > have the correct "wavemapper" entry in your Registry?
>> >
>> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
>> > NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32
>> >
>> > wavemapper = msacm32.drv
>> >
>> > Good luck,
>> >
>> > Donald Anadell

Donna M

Re: No sound in IE
Thank you, thank you. I have been dealing with Flash refusing to install on
IE7 for about 6 weeks. I was giving up hope. This solution worked and I
didn't even need to disable my virus software. If I can get Quicktime
working again, I'm all set. Thanks again for a working solution.