Crashing on Yahoo

MurphyM95

Crashing on Yahoo
I have IE & and it works fine for me except when I am on Yahoo. When viewing
Yahoo pages, I experience numerous IE crashes and restarts. I e-mailed Yahoo
and they replied with a fix that did not work (clearing history and cache).
Anyone have any other ideas? I used to be able to surf Yahoo pages, but I
pretty much no longer can.
Don Varnau

Re: Crashing on Yahoo
Hi,
Which version of Windows?
Which version of Internet Explorer? "IE &" probably means IE7, right?
Did the problems start when IE7 was installed, or sometime later?
Did the problems start after a third-party (security) program, toolbar or
other browser add-on was installed?
What third-party security programs are running?

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"MurphyM95" <MurphyM95@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have IE & and it works fine for me except when I am on Yahoo. When

viewing
> Yahoo pages, I experience numerous IE crashes and restarts. I e-mailed

Yahoo
> and they replied with a fix that did not work (clearing history and

cache).
> Anyone have any other ideas? I used to be able to surf Yahoo pages, but I
> pretty much no longer can.

MurphyM95

Re: Crashing on Yahoo
Don,
I've got Windows Vista and IE 7. The problems are recent (last 30 days).
Nothing has been added recently and Norton A-V says all is well inside my
computer.
I did try to upgrade to IE 8, but that failed. But that was after the
problem manifested itself.
Don Varnau

Re: Crashing on Yahoo
Hi,
Start IE7 without add-ons from:
Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)

If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed.
See: http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp
for troubleshooting information.
More at:

You've done most of these steps but, with the warning that a reset will
delete autocomplete data, such as
passwords and you will have to reinstall browser add-ons, work through this
article:
936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/en-us

> Hi,
> Which version of Windows?
> Which version of Internet Explorer? "IE &" probably means IE7, right?
> Did the problems start when IE7 was installed, or sometime later?
> Did the problems start after a third-party (security) program, toolbar or
> other browser add-on was installed?
> What third-party security programs are running?

> "MurphyM95" <MurphyM95@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have IE & and it works fine for me except when I am on Yahoo. When

> viewing
> > Yahoo pages, I experience numerous IE crashes and restarts. I e-mailed

> Yahoo
> > and they replied with a fix that did not work (clearing history and

> cache).
> > Anyone have any other ideas? I used to be able to surf Yahoo pages, but

> > pretty much no longer can.

MurphyM95

Re: Crashing on Yahoo
Don,
This seems to have worked. I disabled everything, then I've enabled about
half of these add-on things and all is still fine. I will probably continue
to enable as time permits, but right now IE 7 is working well.
Thanks,
MurphyM95