IE8 and Java errors

JEAN HAWKS

IE8 and Java errors
I tried the IE8 Beta 2 and was trying to play a game on Pogo and I get the
error java.lang Nullpointer: and the Pogo website freezes up and I have to do
control/alt/delete to get out of it. Has anyone tried the Java 6.10 beta?

Thanks,
Jeannie
Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 and Java errors
Why do you persist in trying unfinished software intended for developers
to test their code? Better to avoid the frustration and wait until the
product is released and vetted by the early adopters.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

JEAN HAWKS wrote:
> I tried the IE8 Beta 2 and was trying to play a game on Pogo and I get the
> error java.lang Nullpointer: and the Pogo website freezes up and I have to do
> control/alt/delete to get out of it. Has anyone tried the Java 6.10 beta?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeannie

Retired Bill

Re: IE8 and Java errors
I too get JAVA exception codes and IE locks up playing Yahoo Chess. I told
of thisw problem two months ago and it's still not fixed. Guess I will
uninstall it again. And check in two more months..................
--
Retired Boeing Bill

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Why do you persist in trying unfinished software intended for developers
> to test their code? Better to avoid the frustration and wait until the
> product is released and vetted by the early adopters.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> JEAN HAWKS wrote:
> > I tried the IE8 Beta 2 and was trying to play a game on Pogo and I get the
> > error java.lang Nullpointer: and the Pogo website freezes up and I have to do
> > control/alt/delete to get out of it. Has anyone tried the Java 6.10 beta?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jeannie

rob^_^

Re: IE8 and Java errors
Hi,

Please use the IE8 Beta Newsgroup. You would have found this thread.

This was posted by someone else (Brendon):

So I've been trying to figure out how to fix this problem forever, and no
one
has been much help on any of the forums except peoeple posting that they
have
the same problem. It's pretty funny how I found how to fix it, but I'm sure
you want the fix, so here it is, Go to this site,
http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads...d.jsp#6u10JREs

and down load the "Online Install JRE file" and install it and will 100% fix
the java problem for ie8 beta 2.

As for the story, if you still interested, I was having a problem with the
new google chrome. It didn't have any java plugins, so I was doing some
research that said this version will work with the google chrome, so I
installed it, and I have a feeling it would fix my IE8 problem, and it did.

No need to thank me, well you can. :-) Hope this helps.
Now I love IE8!

Regards.

"JEAN HAWKS" <JEANHAWKS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I tried the IE8 Beta 2 and was trying to play a game on Pogo and I get the
> error java.lang Nullpointer: and the Pogo website freezes up and I have to
> do
> control/alt/delete to get out of it. Has anyone tried the Java 6.10 beta?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeannie

LS

re java
thank you, thank you ... I was getting ready to uninstall ie 8 beta 2 as of is problem, but now it's fixed...wow.
Ok maybe someone knows whats up with the google search bar? When I type in the search it works fine but just as I enter any website found by the search, the wording in the search changes to the http thing why the words don't stay as they were?
kuntal3746@gmail.com

Re: IE8 and Java errors
On Sep 21, 7:55*pm, "rob^_^" <iecustomi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

> > at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
> > at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
> > at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilter s(Unknown Source)
> > at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(U nknown Source)
> > at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch y(Unknown Source)
> > at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
> > at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
> > at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

> "JEAN HAWKS" <JEANHA...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> news:6A16E836-6D12-48D5-ADEF-78D30C203093@microsoft.com...> I tried the IE8 Beta 2 and was trying to play a game on Pogo and I get the
> > error java.lang Nullpointer: and the Pogo website freezes up and I haveto
> > do
> > control/alt/delete to get out of it. *Has anyone tried the Java 6.10 beta?

To fix the IE8 problems which files do I have to download from the
http://developers.sun.com/downloads/top.jsp#javase Is it all the files
under SE folder or JRE6 only? Can you please let me know because I am
having similar problems with IE8.
Thanks
Kuntal