"Your Security Settings do not allow for this file to be down load

RMK265

"Your Security Settings do not allow for this file to be down load
I'm running Internet Explorer 6.0 and have been attempting to download
several programs and receive the subject message. I've disconnected my fire
walls both in windows and Norton, tried to reduce risk levels under
"Security" in Internet Options both under Internet and Local Intraner (note
that I tried to reduce the Local Intranet to low and medium as suggested on
lione but it would not save it). In addition tried clearing out
"Autocomplete" in Content, cookies, temporary files and several other
methods.

I attempted to do scans through microsoft and several programs could not
even be downloaded through this site. I've run virus scans, defragged as well
and condensed disk space...Nothing...PLEASE help because I have a 14 yr old
daughter who can not download Itunes program for her Iphone...I know, not a
Microsoft product ....
--
Your prompt assistance is greatly appreciated!

Re: "Your Security Settings do not allow for this file to be down load
1. Reset the security zone in question (e.g., Internet zone) to the default.

2. If no joy, one or more of your enabled Add-ons may be causing the problem
(IE Tools | Manage Add-ons).

Are you running WinXP SP2 or WinXP SP3? Is the machine fully patched at
Windows Update?

What Norton application is installed and is your subscription current? Did
you upgrade to this Norton application or version from an earlier Norton
application or version (e.g., Norton AntiVIrus 2007 => Norton 360 2008)?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

RMK265 wrote:
> I'm running Internet Explorer 6.0 and have been attempting to download
> several programs and receive the subject message. I've disconnected my
> fire
> walls both in windows and Norton, tried to reduce risk levels under
> "Security" in Internet Options both under Internet and Local Intraner
> (note
> that I tried to reduce the Local Intranet to low and medium as suggested
> on
> lione but it would not save it). In addition tried clearing out
> "Autocomplete" in Content, cookies, temporary files and several other
> methods.
>
> I attempted to do scans through microsoft and several programs could not
> even be downloaded through this site. I've run virus scans, defragged as
> well and condensed disk space...Nothing...PLEASE help because I have a 14
> yr old daughter who can not download Itunes program for her Iphone...I
> know, not a Microsoft product ....

ju.c

Re: "Your Security Settings do not allow for this file to be down load
Sounds like the website where you are trying to download from has an entry in "Restricted Sites", check there.

ju.c