IE7 not saving custom settings

Keith

IE7 not saving custom settings
I use sites such as www.bbc.co.uk where you can customise and set your
location etc, however when I close IE & Re-Open, it has forgotten all the
settings. I have checked that cookies are enabled for those sites, I deleted
all cookies and watched them all re-appear again after setting everything
but it still will not remember. I contacted the bbc but have had no replies,
however I don't believe it is their fault as this works ok on my work PC. I
have disabled all add-ons and still the same, I have un-installed every kind
of toolbar (winamp, virgin media etc). I am using XP with SP3, IE7
V7.0.5730.11IS

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Re: IE7 not saving custom settings
IE Tools | Internet Options | Privacy | Sites | type in

bbc.co.uk [for example]

and Allow cookies for the domain.
--
~PA Bear

Keith wrote:
> I use sites such as www.bbc.co.uk where you can customise and set your
> location etc, however when I close IE & Re-Open, it has forgotten all the
> settings. I have checked that cookies are enabled for those sites, I
> deleted
> all cookies and watched them all re-appear again after setting everything
> but it still will not remember. I contacted the bbc but have had no
> replies,
> however I don't believe it is their fault as this works ok on my work PC.
> have disabled all add-ons and still the same, I have un-installed every
> kind
> of toolbar (winamp, virgin media etc). I am using XP with SP3, IE7
> V7.0.5730.11IS

Keith

Re: IE7 not saving custom settings
Thanks for replying, but this is already the setting I have and it doesn't
save the settings.

Keith wrote:
> I use sites such as www.bbc.co.uk where you can customise and set your
> location etc, however when I close IE & Re-Open, it has forgotten all the
> settings. I have checked that cookies are enabled for those sites, I
> deleted
> all cookies and watched them all re-appear again after setting everything
> but it still will not remember. I contacted the bbc but have had no
> replies,
> however I don't believe it is their fault as this works ok on my work PC.
> have disabled all add-ons and still the same, I have un-installed every
> kind
> of toolbar (winamp, virgin media etc). I am using XP with SP3, IE7
> V7.0.5730.11IS

Re: IE7 not saving custom settings
Then one or more options/settings in an ever-growing number of third-party
applications may be disallowing the change(s) from "sticking". These include
but are not limited to Ad-aware Pro Ad-Watch, Spybot Tea Timer,
SpywareBlaster, SpySweeper, Spyware Doctor, CounterSpy, AVG Anti-Spyware,
Norton AntiVirus, McAfee VirusScan and/or Antispyware, NOD32, and Zone Alarm
(Free, Pro, & Security Suite).
--
~PA Bear

Keith wrote:
> Thanks for replying, but this is already the setting I have and it doesn't
> save the settings.

> IE Tools | Internet Options | Privacy | Sites | type in
>
> bbc.co.uk [for example]
>
> and Allow cookies for the domain.
>
> Keith wrote:
>> I use sites such as www.bbc.co.uk where you can customise and set your
>> location etc, however when I close IE & Re-Open, it has forgotten all the
>> settings. I have checked that cookies are enabled for those sites, I
>> deleted
>> all cookies and watched them all re-appear again after setting everything
>> but it still will not remember. I contacted the bbc but have had no
>> replies,
>> however I don't believe it is their fault as this works ok on my work PC.
>> have disabled all add-ons and still the same, I have un-installed every
>> kind
>> of toolbar (winamp, virgin media etc). I am using XP with SP3, IE7
>> V7.0.5730.11IS

ju.c

Re: IE7 not saving custom settings
Try this:

SAVE SETTINGS ON EXIT

Change the "NoSaveSettings" value data to "00000000":

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoSaveSettings"=dword:00000000

ju.c