VISTA PROBLEM!

Ty McConnell

VISTA PROBLEM!

Since I've had Vista Home Premium, a pattern seems to be emerging:
Internet Explorer stops working more frequently while I'm online.

Is this a problem endemic to Vista with its Service Pack 1?

Is there an upgrade available?

Are there any steps that I can take to resolve the problem?

Don Varnau

Re: VISTA PROBLEM!
Hi,
1. With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
passwords and you will have to reinstall browser add-ons, work through this
article:
936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/en-us

2. 926431- Error message when you start IE7 or try to access a website:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926431

3. 936215- How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215/en-us

4. [Guided help] Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or
restarts:
- - -
Or this may be a malware problem- adware, spyware, hijacker, trojan, etc.
See these sites for help:
The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
Malware Removal and Prevention Overview - CastleCopsWiki:
http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_R...tion:_Overview
Removing Malware:
827315- Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software:

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Ty McConnell" <TyMcConnell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Since I've had Vista Home Premium, a pattern seems to be emerging:
> Internet Explorer stops working more frequently while I'm online.
>
> Is this a problem endemic to Vista with its Service Pack 1?
>
> Is there an upgrade available?
>
> Are there any steps that I can take to resolve the problem?

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE, OE/WM

Re: VISTA PROBLEM!
"Ty McConnell" <TyMcConnell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Since I've had Vista Home Premium, a pattern seems to be emerging:
> Internet Explorer stops working more frequently while I'm online.
>
> Is this a problem endemic to Vista with its Service Pack 1?

No.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE, OE/WM

Re: VISTA PROBLEM!
"Ty McConnell" <TyMcConnell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Since I've had Vista Home Premium, a pattern seems to be emerging:
> Internet Explorer stops working more frequently while I'm online.
>
> Is this a problem endemic to Vista with its Service Pack 1?
>
> Is there an upgrade available?
>
> Are there any steps that I can take to resolve the problem?

I know of three causes for the vast majority of such problems:
1. Incompatible add-ons: What if you right click the IE icon on the desktop
and choose Start Without Add-ons?
Or go to Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet
Explorer (No Add-ons).

2. With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
passwords and you will have to reinstall browser add-ons, work through this
article:
936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/en-us

3. Malware already installed on the computer: Help with malware
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
For quite a few people it's by installing Messenger Plus, whose ads for
malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince you that you
owe it to the author. See also:
of.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE, OE/WM

Re: VISTA PROBLEM!
"Ty McConnell" <TyMcConnell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Since I've had Vista Home Premium, a pattern seems to be emerging:
> Internet Explorer stops working more frequently while I'm online.
>
> Is this a problem endemic to Vista with its Service Pack 1?
>
> Is there an upgrade available?
>
> Are there any steps that I can take to resolve the problem?

I know of three causes for the vast majority of such problems:
1. Incompatible add-ons: go to Start | All Programs | Accessories | System