scroll button has stopped working

gratchet

scroll button has stopped working
hi,

i have ie7 and windows xp. Recently i the scroll button has stopped working
when surfing the web. It is not hardware because the scroll button works in
outlook and other applications - it has previously worked with ie7.

i can grab the bar on the right by left clicking and scrolling down but
cannot use the mouse wheel.

The mouse is a logitech mouse.

I haven't changed anything on my pc recently apart from taking the latet
updates and installing spore.
rob^_^

Re: scroll button has stopped working
Hi gratchet,

Is it a wireless mouse?

I have noticed this myself, when the battery starts to go flat, IE is the
first to get a sticky mouse, even though other applications appear to be
fine.

Try changing your batteries if this is the case.

Regards.

"gratchet" <gratchet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> i have ie7 and windows xp. Recently i the scroll button has stopped
> working
> when surfing the web. It is not hardware because the scroll button works
> in
> outlook and other applications - it has previously worked with ie7.
>
> i can grab the bar on the right by left clicking and scrolling down but
> cannot use the mouse wheel.
>
> The mouse is a logitech mouse.
>
> I haven't changed anything on my pc recently apart from taking the latet
> updates and installing spore.

gratchet

Re: scroll button has stopped working
no it is a usb mouse

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi gratchet,
>
> Is it a wireless mouse?
>
> I have noticed this myself, when the battery starts to go flat, IE is the
> first to get a sticky mouse, even though other applications appear to be
> fine.
>
> Try changing your batteries if this is the case.
>
> Regards.
>
> "gratchet" <gratchet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi,
> >
> > i have ie7 and windows xp. Recently i the scroll button has stopped
> > working
> > when surfing the web. It is not hardware because the scroll button works
> > in
> > outlook and other applications - it has previously worked with ie7.
> >
> > i can grab the bar on the right by left clicking and scrolling down but
> > cannot use the mouse wheel.
> >
> > The mouse is a logitech mouse.
> >
> > I haven't changed anything on my pc recently apart from taking the latet
> > updates and installing spore.

rob^_^

Re: scroll button has stopped working
HI Gratchet,

Do you have another USB mouse to test if it is this mouse.

I can only think that it is a hardware problem (low battery power, no it is
usb. Dirty mouse wheel, causing a weak connection, possibly) as I have seen
the same problem when my batteries in my wireless mouse start to run low.
Web browser programs seem to be the first programs to be sensitive to mouse
problems.

If this does not happen on all web sites, then possibly it could be because
of the way a web site has been designed.

> no it is a usb mouse
>
> "rob^_^" wrote:
>
>> Hi gratchet,
>>
>> Is it a wireless mouse?
>>
>> I have noticed this myself, when the battery starts to go flat, IE is the
>> first to get a sticky mouse, even though other applications appear to be
>> fine.
>>
>> Try changing your batteries if this is the case.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> "gratchet" <gratchet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hi,
>> >
>> > i have ie7 and windows xp. Recently i the scroll button has stopped
>> > working
>> > when surfing the web. It is not hardware because the scroll button
>> > works
>> > in
>> > outlook and other applications - it has previously worked with ie7.
>> >
>> > i can grab the bar on the right by left clicking and scrolling down but
>> > cannot use the mouse wheel.
>> >
>> > The mouse is a logitech mouse.
>> >
>> > I haven't changed anything on my pc recently apart from taking the
>> > latet
>> > updates and installing spore.

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: scroll button has stopped working
"gratchet" <gratchet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> i have ie7 and windows xp. Recently i the scroll button has stopped working
> when surfing the web. It is not hardware because the scroll button works in
> outlook and other applications - it has previously worked with ie7.
>
> i can grab the bar on the right by left clicking and scrolling down but
> cannot use the mouse wheel.

Does Autoscroll work? E.g. press the equivalent of Middleclick and drag down.
I think with a wheel mouse Middleclick is the same as just pressing down on the wheel.

> The mouse is a logitech mouse.
>

> I haven't changed anything on my pc recently apart from taking the latet
> updates and installing spore.

What is "installing spore" supposed to mean? If it means that you installed
some of the new Live beta products I suspect I am seeing a related problem
but only (so far) in WLMail (beta) in which the autoscroll feature in text-only
mode documents now works backwards! E.g. instead of dragging down to get
the document scrolling up (dragging towards the new text) I now have to drag up
(as if the document is a piece of paper I'm pushing up on under the window frame
to get the same effect.) Getting it started moving is easy; controlling acceleration
is a mind bender! Autoscroll in IE or in HTML mode messages is still the same
as it ever was: pretty jerky but matching the direction of my dragging.
In contrast this new backwards autoscroll is as smooth as anything
I've ever used in Word or Word viewer. If I had to guess I'd say
that installing the WL Outlook Connector beta product might have had
something to do with my symptom. ICIM my mouse and software are
from Kensington and my OS is XPsp3.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---