IE 8 made network unstable - need help

cbourque

IE 8 made network unstable - need help
I have a network with 1 host computer, and two laptops that connect via
wireless.

On one of the laptops I did an IE 8 update and completley regret it. Ever
since than my internet connection on the whole network has become completly
unstable. The other computers still use earlier versions of IE.

The connection status appears fine on all computers and niether browsers
(mozilla or firefox) can be navigated without constant refreshing. Chat
programs also are constantly kicked off.

I never had one browser error before I did the IE update so I removed IE8
from the laptop by using system restore. My network is still very unstable
and very aggrevating.

Before I did the IE8 update there was absolutly no issues. All computers on
my network were up to date. All connections were stable. I have no idea how
IE 8 could destroy my network like it did but there is no doubt in my mind is
was a result of the IE8 update I did.

Please give me some feedback on what to do before I sell every Microsoft
product I have and go buy Mac's.
--
-Chris
Leonard Grey

Re: IE 8 made network unstable - need help
Next time, don't install software until it's been released.

IE 8 has not been released. You installed beta software.

You do know what 'beta' means, right?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

cbourque wrote:
> I have a network with 1 host computer, and two laptops that connect via
> wireless.
>
> On one of the laptops I did an IE 8 update and completley regret it. Ever
> since than my internet connection on the whole network has become completly
> unstable. The other computers still use earlier versions of IE.
>
> The connection status appears fine on all computers and niether browsers
> (mozilla or firefox) can be navigated without constant refreshing. Chat
> programs also are constantly kicked off.
>
> I never had one browser error before I did the IE update so I removed IE8
> from the laptop by using system restore. My network is still very unstable
> and very aggrevating.
>
> Before I did the IE8 update there was absolutly no issues. All computers on
> my network were up to date. All connections were stable. I have no idea how
> IE 8 could destroy my network like it did but there is no doubt in my mind is
> was a result of the IE8 update I did.
>
> Please give me some feedback on what to do before I sell every Microsoft
> product I have and go buy Mac's.

hugh Jass

Re: IE 8 made network unstable - need help
OK, first, Leonard is a condescending ass. Just for the record. Leonard, the
guy is looking for answers, not condescending remarks about the definition
of beta.

Now, to your issue:

It's unclear to me how upgrading to a new browser could affect network
connectivity for all machines on a network. It seems unlikely, and not at
all plausible. Your network is controlled by your router, not the machines
that sit behind it.

What happens to the other machines if the machine that had IE 8 is turned
off? Surely the browswer upgrade on one machine didn't affect anything on
the others, or the router.

You may have a situation where something happened to connectivity at the
same time you installed IE 8, and so it looks like a causality when in fact
it's a co-relation.

If you're still completely convinced that IE8 did screw up your network,
then try and roll back both other computers to one day before you did the
upgrade. If the problem still persists, then it can't be related to the
upgrade.

On 9/20/08 9:33 PM, in article O#ZssM6GJHA.4956@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
"Leonard Grey" <l.grey@not.valid.net> wrote:

> Next time, don't install software until it's been released.
>
> IE 8 has not been released. You installed beta software.
>
> You do know what 'beta' means, right?
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> cbourque wrote:
>> I have a network with 1 host computer, and two laptops that connect via
>> wireless.
>>
>> On one of the laptops I did an IE 8 update and completley regret it. Ever
>> since than my internet connection on the whole network has become completly
>> unstable. The other computers still use earlier versions of IE.
>>
>> The connection status appears fine on all computers and niether browsers
>> (mozilla or firefox) can be navigated without constant refreshing. Chat
>> programs also are constantly kicked off.
>>
>> I never had one browser error before I did the IE update so I removed IE8
>> from the laptop by using system restore. My network is still very unstable
>> and very aggrevating.
>>
>> Before I did the IE8 update there was absolutly no issues. All computers on
>> my network were up to date. All connections were stable. I have no idea how
>> IE 8 could destroy my network like it did but there is no doubt in my mind is
>> was a result of the IE8 update I did.
>>
>> Please give me some feedback on what to do before I sell every Microsoft
>> product I have and go buy Mac's.

Leonard Grey

Re: IE 8 made network unstable - need help
Someone who installs beta software without knowing what they're doing
has no right to give his fellow user cr*p. Especially misspelled cr*p.

hugh Jass wrote:
> OK, first, Leonard is a condescending ass. Just for the record. Leonard, the
> guy is looking for answers, not condescending remarks about the definition
> of beta.
>
> Now, to your issue:
>
> It's unclear to me how upgrading to a new browser could affect network
> connectivity for all machines on a network. It seems unlikely, and not at
> all plausible. Your network is controlled by your router, not the machines
> that sit behind it.
>
> What happens to the other machines if the machine that had IE 8 is turned
> off? Surely the browswer upgrade on one machine didn't affect anything on
> the others, or the router.
>
> You may have a situation where something happened to connectivity at the
> same time you installed IE 8, and so it looks like a causality when in fact
> it's a co-relation.
>
> If you're still completely convinced that IE8 did screw up your network,
> then try and roll back both other computers to one day before you did the
> upgrade. If the problem still persists, then it can't be related to the
> upgrade.
>

> On 9/20/08 9:33 PM, in article O#ZssM6GJHA.4956@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
> "Leonard Grey" <l.grey@not.valid.net> wrote:
>
>> Next time, don't install software until it's been released.
>>
>> IE 8 has not been released. You installed beta software.
>>
>> You do know what 'beta' means, right?
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> cbourque wrote:
>>> I have a network with 1 host computer, and two laptops that connect via
>>> wireless.
>>>
>>> On one of the laptops I did an IE 8 update and completley regret it. Ever
>>> since than my internet connection on the whole network has become completly
>>> unstable. The other computers still use earlier versions of IE.
>>>
>>> The connection status appears fine on all computers and niether browsers
>>> (mozilla or firefox) can be navigated without constant refreshing. Chat
>>> programs also are constantly kicked off.
>>>
>>> I never had one browser error before I did the IE update so I removed IE8
>>> from the laptop by using system restore. My network is still very unstable
>>> and very aggrevating.
>>>
>>> Before I did the IE8 update there was absolutly no issues. All computers on
>>> my network were up to date. All connections were stable. I have no idea how
>>> IE 8 could destroy my network like it did but there is no doubt in my mind is
>>> was a result of the IE8 update I did.
>>>
>>> Please give me some feedback on what to do before I sell every Microsoft
>>> product I have and go buy Mac's.

Jim

Re: IE 8 made network unstable - need help
Remove IE8 Beta. Next time, do not install beta software. There can be no
guarantee that it works are all muchless works without error.
Jim