Power Point Viewer

redleg

Power Point Viewer
How do I get PPV to open a PPV attachment to an e-mail? I have PPV but cannot
get it to open an attachment. I have to save the attachment and then I can
open it easily!!!

Joe
Bruce Hagen

Re: Power Point Viewer
Are you using Outlook Express? Windows Mail?

Unable to open .PPS attachments directly from Outlook Express using XP/SP2
or XP/SP3:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ppsopen.htm

Unable to open .PPS attachments directly from Windows Mail in Windows Vista:
http://www.winhelponline.com/article...ows-Vista.html
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"redleg" <redleg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I get PPV to open a PPV attachment to an e-mail? I have PPV but
> cannot
> get it to open an attachment. I have to save the attachment and then I can
> open it easily!!!
>
> Joe

redleg

Re: Power Point Viewer
I'm using Windows Mail!. Tried to change the registry but the info provided
in the "thread" did not work as I couldn't just change "Show" to "Open" in
the registry!! Regedit didn't offer me that choice!?!
So, I am still unable to open .PPs attachments directly.

Joe

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> Are you using Outlook Express? Windows Mail?
>
> Unable to open .PPS attachments directly from Outlook Express using XP/SP2
> or XP/SP3:
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ppsopen.htm
>
> Unable to open .PPS attachments directly from Windows Mail in Windows Vista:
> http://www.winhelponline.com/article...ows-Vista.html
> --
>
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP Outlook Express
> Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "redleg" <redleg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I get PPV to open a PPV attachment to an e-mail? I have PPV but
> > cannot
> > get it to open an attachment. I have to save the attachment and then I can
> > open it easily!!!
> >
> > Joe

Bruce Hagen

Re: Power Point Viewer
Then I would ask in the Windows Mail newsgroup. It is not an issue with IE.

Windows Vista Mail Newsgroup.

In your newsreader:

On the Web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s.vista.mai l
--

> I'm using Windows Mail!. Tried to change the registry but the info
> provided
> in the "thread" did not work as I couldn't just change "Show" to "Open" in
> the registry!! Regedit didn't offer me that choice!?!
> So, I am still unable to open .PPs attachments directly.
>
> Joe
>
> "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
>
>> Are you using Outlook Express? Windows Mail?
>>
>> Unable to open .PPS attachments directly from Outlook Express using
>> XP/SP2
>> or XP/SP3:
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ppsopen.htm
>>
>> Unable to open .PPS attachments directly from Windows Mail in Windows
>> Vista:
>> http://www.winhelponline.com/article...ows-Vista.html
>> --
>>
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP Outlook Express
>> Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "redleg" <redleg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How do I get PPV to open a PPV attachment to an e-mail? I have PPV but
>> > cannot
>> > get it to open an attachment. I have to save the attachment and then I
>> > can
>> > open it easily!!!
>> >
>> > Joe

Donald Anadell

Re: Power Point Viewer

"redleg" <redleg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Windows Mail!. Tried to change the registry but the info
> provided
> in the "thread" did not work as I couldn't just change "Show" to "Open" in
> the registry!!

> Regedit didn't offer me that choice!?!

Not sure I understand what you mean by "Regedit didn't offer me that
Choice!?!?

There's no choosing to be made, the change has to be made manually using
Regedit. Did you right click on the folder "SHOW", and choose "RENAME" from
the context menu as provided in the instructions?

If so, what happened when you renamed "Show" to "Open"?

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> So, I am still unable to open .PPs attachments directly.
>
> Joe
>
> "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
>
>> Are you using Outlook Express? Windows Mail?
>>
>> Unable to open .PPS attachments directly from Outlook Express using
>> XP/SP2
>> or XP/SP3:
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ppsopen.htm
>>
>> Unable to open .PPS attachments directly from Windows Mail in Windows
>> Vista:
>> http://www.winhelponline.com/article...ows-Vista.html
>> --
>>
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP Outlook Express
>> Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "redleg" <redleg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How do I get PPV to open a PPV attachment to an e-mail? I have PPV but
>> > cannot
>> > get it to open an attachment. I have to save the attachment and then I
>> > can
>> > open it easily!!!
>> >
>> > Joe

Panic

Re: Power Point Viewer
Download the attachment and save it in a folder. Using Explore (not
Internet Explorer) find that file. You have to go to the Choose Program
page. Right click your file, choose Open With. Now, even if the program
you want to use is showing, go ahead and click on the Choose Program button.
You can select the program there, but you also will see an entry to put a
check mark in before "always use this program for this type file". Click a
checkmark in that box. Now you should be able to open PowerPoint
attachments to email.