Cannot completely load a webpage

SteveR

Cannot completely load a webpage
I have tried to load the webpage www.qualitywars.com (a blog re: quality
control). The webpage only partially loads when I use IE 7. If I use
Firefox, it loads completely. I have deleted all temporary files, history,
etc. I have reset my IE to default settings, and followed all other
suggestions I have read so far. Still can't load this webpage. I have
contacted the page's developer and he says others have no problem loading the
page. Any other suggestions?
--
Steve R
VanguardLH

Re: Cannot completely load a webpage
I don't know what those all other suggestions are that you have read but
don't mention. Here you don't mention using IE7 in its no add-ons mode.
Try that to see if you have an add-on that is interfering with IE7's
operation. Also temporarily disable any anti-virus or other security
software when you visit that page (if you trust them).

"SteveR" <SteveR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have tried to load the webpage www.qualitywars.com (a blog re:
> quality
> control). The webpage only partially loads when I use IE 7. If I use
> Firefox, it loads completely. I have deleted all temporary files,
> history,
> etc. I have reset my IE to default settings, and followed all other
> suggestions I have read so far. Still can't load this webpage. I
> have
> contacted the page's developer and he says others have no problem
> page. Any other suggestions?
> --
> Steve R

Re: Cannot completely load a webpage
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
posting to this newsgroup, please.

www.qualitywars.com appears to fully load here in IE7/WinXP SP3.

I note that the second entry on the page ends with...

<!--[endif]-->

But then so does the linked page http://www.quality-wars.com/?p=136.

Compare both of the above pages to http://www.quality-wars.com/?m=200809.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

SteveR wrote:
> I have tried to load the webpage www.qualitywars.com (a blog re: quality
> control). The webpage only partially loads when I use IE 7. If I use
> Firefox, it loads completely. I have deleted all temporary files,
> history,
> etc. I have reset my IE to default settings, and followed all other
> suggestions I have read so far. Still can't load this webpage. I have
> contacted the page's developer and he says others have no problem loading
> the page. Any other suggestions?

SteveR

Re: Cannot completely load a webpage
Thanks, I did run Internet Explorer without add-ons and still could not load
this webpage.
--
Steve R

"VanguardLH" wrote:

> I don't know what those all other suggestions are that you have read but
> don't mention. Here you don't mention using IE7 in its no add-ons mode.
> Try that to see if you have an add-on that is interfering with IE7's
> operation. Also temporarily disable any anti-virus or other security
> software when you visit that page (if you trust them).
>

> "SteveR" <SteveR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have tried to load the webpage www.qualitywars.com (a blog re:
> > quality
> > control). The webpage only partially loads when I use IE 7. If I use
> > Firefox, it loads completely. I have deleted all temporary files,
> > history,
> > etc. I have reset my IE to default settings, and followed all other
> > suggestions I have read so far. Still can't load this webpage. I
> > have
> > contacted the page's developer and he says others have no problem
> > page. Any other suggestions?
> > --
> > Steve R

SteveR

Re: Cannot completely load a webpage
Thanks for your comment. I am running IE 7 on windows XP.

If you see <!--[endif]--> and nothing after that, then the whole page has
not loaded. Try on Firefox and you will see what the page should look like.

--
Steve R

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> posting to this newsgroup, please.
>
> www.qualitywars.com appears to fully load here in IE7/WinXP SP3.
>
> I note that the second entry on the page ends with...
>
> <!--[endif]-->
>
> But then so does the linked page http://www.quality-wars.com/?p=136.
>
> Compare both of the above pages to http://www.quality-wars.com/?m=200809.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> SteveR wrote:
> > I have tried to load the webpage www.qualitywars.com (a blog re: quality
> > control). The webpage only partially loads when I use IE 7. If I use
> > Firefox, it loads completely. I have deleted all temporary files,
> > history,
> > etc. I have reset my IE to default settings, and followed all other
> > suggestions I have read so far. Still can't load this webpage. I have
> > contacted the page's developer and he says others have no problem loading
> > the page. Any other suggestions?

Re: Cannot completely load a webpage
Then there's coding problems on the page.

SteveR wrote:
> Thanks for your comment. I am running IE 7 on windows XP.
>
> If you see <!--[endif]--> and nothing after that, then the whole page has
> not loaded. Try on Firefox and you will see what the page should look
> like.
>

>> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
>> posting to this newsgroup, please.
>>
>> www.qualitywars.com appears to fully load here in IE7/WinXP SP3.
>>
>> I note that the second entry on the page ends with...
>>
>> <!--[endif]-->
>>
>> But then so does the linked page http://www.quality-wars.com/?p=136.
>>
>> Compare both of the above pages to http://www.quality-wars.com/?m=200809.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>

>> SteveR wrote:
>>> I have tried to load the webpage www.qualitywars.com (a blog re: quality
>>> control). The webpage only partially loads when I use IE 7. If I use
>>> Firefox, it loads completely. I have deleted all temporary files,
>>> history,
>>> etc. I have reset my IE to default settings, and followed all other
>>> suggestions I have read so far. Still can't load this webpage. I have
>>> contacted the page's developer and he says others have no problem
>>> the page. Any other suggestions?

VanguardLH

Re: Cannot completely load a webpage
Then shouldn't a *quality* oriented site know better than to have *bad*
HTML code in their web pages? The HTML standards dictate how to define
good code. There are no standards on how an application handles BAD
code.

Go to http://validator.w3.org/ and enter the URL for that web page to
analyze it for errors or bad practices. LOTS of errors. Hell, this
*quality* site can't even figure out to use "&nbsp;" entity code instead
of the invalid "&nbsp" (the semicolon delimiter is missing).

It's crappy coded HTML. So consider that along with the premise of this
site having something to do with QC. Go complain to the web site owner
to use proper HTML coding. That Firefox can handle their mangled code
speaks only to the Mozilla team including recovery for such badly coded
pages, not that IE cannot handle bad code for which there is no standard
on how to handle it.