sharing favorites

shaggy

sharing favorites
Is there anyway to set IE to access the same folder for favorites so I can
add to my favorites on one computer and thus it would be on the other
coputers too. I do have a NAS drive that I could store the folder on and all
computers would have access. If this seems like a repeat post then sorry I
couldn't find my original.
Galen

Re: sharing favorites
My reply is at the bottom of your sent message.

In news:BDAB47D5-EA81-4ED5-9BAD-3F2DF30B149D@microsoft.com,
shaggy <shaggy@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> Is there anyway to set IE to access the same folder for favorites so I can
> add to my favorites on one computer and thus it would be on the other
> coputers too. I do have a NAS drive that I could store the folder on and
> all
> computers would have access. If this seems like a repeat post then sorry I
> couldn't find my original.

If they were in a workgroup you could:

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/favshare.htm

Otherwise you can just copy your favorites folder over and use a tool such
as SyncToy to keep it syncronized with both computers.

SyncToy: a free powertoy download for file synchronization:
http://www.microsoft.com/prophoto/do...s/synctoy.aspx

--
Galen

My Geek Site: http://kgiii.info
Web Hosting: http://whathostingshould.be

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before you have all the evidence. It
biases the judgment." - Sherlock Holmes

shaggy

Re: sharing favorites
Ok I looked at this hint but now have another question. If you redirect
them through fil path wouldn't they be synchronized? I mean when youlook at
the favorites doesn't it look intothe file path and then look at the
specified folder?
But instead of making one computer hold the folder could I set the
folder up on the NAS drive? Thanks.