Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

IE 7 Hangs up

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2008
Doug Mc
 

Posts: n/a
IE 7 Hangs up
In the last couple of weeks IE7 hangs up for some reason that I can't
detect.

I do a Ctl/Alt/Del and an end task and it will sometimes come back up when I
click it.
At other times it won't.

I can do a re-start and it will function correctly for awhile.

I can't state it for a fact but it seems to happen if Outlook Express is
open - but not all the time.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Doug


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2008
Leonard Grey
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE 7 Hangs up
I can't guess what version of Windows you have and so cannot provide
specific instructions. The idea is to start Internet Explorer with no
add-ons to see if that resolves the problem. If the problem is resolved,
one of the add-ons was causing it. Then you re-enable each add-on one at
a time until you discover the offending add-on.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Doug Mc wrote:
> In the last couple of weeks IE7 hangs up for some reason that I can't
> detect.
>
> I do a Ctl/Alt/Del and an end task and it will sometimes come back up when I
> click it.
> At other times it won't.
>
> I can do a re-start and it will function correctly for awhile.
>
> I can't state it for a fact but it seems to happen if Outlook Express is
> open - but not all the time.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Doug
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2008
Doug Mc
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE 7 Hangs up
Thanks Leonard,
I'm using XP2.

How do I start IE with no add-ons?
Thanks again,
Doug




"Leonard Grey" <l.grey@not.valid.net> wrote in message
news:%23tWTOfoGJHA.4564@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>I can't guess what version of Windows you have and so cannot provide
>specific instructions. The idea is to start Internet Explorer with no
>add-ons to see if that resolves the problem. If the problem is resolved,
>one of the add-ons was causing it. Then you re-enable each add-on one at a
>time until you discover the offending add-on.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Doug Mc wrote:
>> In the last couple of weeks IE7 hangs up for some reason that I can't
>> detect.
>>
>> I do a Ctl/Alt/Del and an end task and it will sometimes come back up
>> when I click it.
>> At other times it won't.
>>
>> I can do a re-start and it will function correctly for awhile.
>>
>> I can't state it for a fact but it seems to happen if Outlook Express is
>> open - but not all the time.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Doug
>>


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-20-2008
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE, OE/WM
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE 7 Hangs up
go to Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer
(No Add-ons).

"Doug Mc" <dnmcnNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:uZeJQtoGJHA.4140@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Thanks Leonard,
> I'm using XP2.
>
> How do I start IE with no add-ons?
> Thanks again,
> Doug
>
>
>
>
> "Leonard Grey" <l.grey@not.valid.net> wrote in message
> news:%23tWTOfoGJHA.4564@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>I can't guess what version of Windows you have and so cannot provide
>>specific instructions. The idea is to start Internet Explorer with no
>>add-ons to see if that resolves the problem. If the problem is resolved,
>>one of the add-ons was causing it. Then you re-enable each add-on one at a
>>time until you discover the offending add-on.
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> Doug Mc wrote:
>>> In the last couple of weeks IE7 hangs up for some reason that I can't
>>> detect.
>>>
>>> I do a Ctl/Alt/Del and an end task and it will sometimes come back up
>>> when I click it.
>>> At other times it won't.
>>>
>>> I can do a re-start and it will function correctly for awhile.
>>>
>>> I can't state it for a fact but it seems to happen if Outlook Express is
>>> open - but not all the time.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09-20-2008
Doug Mc
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE 7 Hangs up
Thanks Frank, I appreciate your help.
Doug



"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE, OE/WM" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:u9HueUvGJHA.4408@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> go to Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet
> Explorer (No Add-ons).
>
> "Doug Mc" <dnmcnNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:uZeJQtoGJHA.4140@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> Thanks Leonard,
>> I'm using XP2.
>>
>> How do I start IE with no add-ons?
>> Thanks again,
>> Doug
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> "Leonard Grey" <l.grey@not.valid.net> wrote in message
>> news:%23tWTOfoGJHA.4564@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>>I can't guess what version of Windows you have and so cannot provide
>>>specific instructions. The idea is to start Internet Explorer with no
>>>add-ons to see if that resolves the problem. If the problem is resolved,
>>>one of the add-ons was causing it. Then you re-enable each add-on one at
>>>a time until you discover the offending add-on.
>>> ---
>>> Leonard Grey
>>> Errare humanum est
>>>
>>> Doug Mc wrote:
>>>> In the last couple of weeks IE7 hangs up for some reason that I can't
>>>> detect.
>>>>
>>>> I do a Ctl/Alt/Del and an end task and it will sometimes come back up
>>>> when I click it.
>>>> At other times it won't.
>>>>
>>>> I can do a re-start and it will function correctly for awhile.
>>>>
>>>> I can't state it for a fact but it seems to happen if Outlook Express
>>>> is open - but not all the time.

>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Update Hangs Philip Smith microsoft.public.windowsupdate 15 09-18-2008 22:42
PC just hangs! Jo microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 02-29-2008 22:41
Computer hangs Michael O'S microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 02-22-2008 06:00
FTP DIR Hangs in Vista MicroMite microsoft.public.windows.vista.security 3 07-09-2007 05:03
PC Hangs =?Utf-8?B?cG1ja2VhZw==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 03-24-2007 19:18




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:02.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120